March 29, 2024, 01:55:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I use a keyboard instead of the pads?  (Read 1811 times)

clyde99

• Apprentice
Can I use a keyboard instead of the pads?
« on: May 03, 2020, 12:28:00 pm »
Question: Before I purchase I want to know if it's possible to trigger the Sparks pads from a keyboard connected to the daw.

Ultimately, dose it have the ability to send midi-in through usb and punch notes into the "hardware" sequencer that way?

It can be done with the software, but I want to use it's onboard hardware sequencer, just with other drum pads
and keys instead of finger drumming.

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:53:10 pm by clyde99 »

gphantom

Re: Can I use a keyboard instead of the pads?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 07:15:07 pm »
All you have to do is download it (the demo version) and if you like it, then you can buy it.  I was able to buy it with 4 installments on my credit card which made it easier to pay for it.

clyde99

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 11:51:43 pm »
Thanks for replying.

I was referring to the hardware. I wanted to know if the unit was able to receive midi notes from the DAW, and feed them into the units sequencer.

Sorry my question might be odd.
Thanks 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:53:44 pm by clyde99 »

Sparkem

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 01:39:25 am »
Thanks for replying.

I was referring to the hardware. I wanted to know if the unit was able to receive midi notes from the DAW, and feed them into the units sequencer.

Sorry my question might be odd.
Thanks

Yes it can, it also has a midi learn so you can assign it how you want incase you have a drumpad(How I use mine with a DAW) or want it set a specific way on your keys. But these won't send the notes to the Spark...The Sequencer of Spark is the sequencer of the software.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:44:32 am by Sparkem »

clyde99

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 08:42:41 am »
Its seems to have a lot of worthwhile functionality and thanks for explaining that. It's been discontinued, guess people want that
Roland tr-8s now that everyone can afford it.   :p

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:42:38 pm »
Spark/Spark 2/iSpark is software only.

The hardware is just a MIDI controller especially made for Spark (the software) which can also be used with other MIDI products (I use the SparkLE controller with Reason, as an example).

The main thing (and confusion) here is that: There's no built-in sequencer in the Spark/Spark LE hardware.

So, you can play/control Spark (software) with your DAW and/or any MIDI controller, including one with keys, since the pads/sounds are MIDI Note+Velocity triggered.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:50:26 pm by Koshdukai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines