April 19, 2024, 12:45:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiofuse Studio & FX units (send/return)  (Read 11134 times)

Dancenrg

• Apprentice
Audiofuse Studio & FX units (send/return)
« on: May 02, 2020, 02:29:36 am »
Hi all,

I'm wondering what is the best way to route my exteral FX pedal (Ventris Dual Reverb) with the audiofuse studio interface.
The purpose is to route any audio signal from my DAW to the external Reverb device and record back the processed signal into an audiotrack in my DAW.
The Reverb unit has two line inputs and two line outputs, so I will make this routing in stereo.

Can I do this by using the inserts (1+2) on the audiofuse with two send/return trs cables?
or
Can this be done by using the aux (re-amp) sockets and letting the return (processed) signal routed into two line inputs?
or is there another way maybe?

And how do I setup the Audiofuse control center application regarding the hardware routing?

The Ventris Dual Reverb can handle 2 reverbs simultaneously (serial and parallel) and has an autodetect function if one (mono) or two inputs (stereo) are used. Input 1 = Reverb 1, Input 2 = Reverb 2)

Any advice on the routing is welcome. I don't own a audiofuse studio yet but I'm about to order one now :-)

Thanks in advance!

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Audiofuse Studio & FX units (send/return)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:16:47 am »
Hi,
I did just this with some outboard FX last week using the AFS and 8pre and cubase 10.5.   you didn't say which DAW you are using but in cubase you just use a external fx setup
just route the out and ins you want to use.then add an fx track and then you can use the sends on every channel in cubase.

Just thinking I will need to check if AUX out is a channel you can use to send fx as I am using the ADAT expander.  which you can get cheap ones and are worth the money if you wish to use outboard that you want to get back into yourDAW.

I will check this if you reply
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Dancenrg

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 12:41:40 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your response!
I'm using Logic Pro X. The ADAT expander is a great solution, but isn't it possible to just use the insert slots (with send/return TRS cables) or the aux (-reamp) slots? I don't have that much outboard gear, so an ADAT expander for now is not really nescessary I guess.
From my mixer in Logic I want to be able to choose to send a signal through a send bus to the reverb unit or to send the output of a mixer track fully into the reverb unit.
In addition, my Reverb unit has two independent / separate reverb channels which I can run in series, parallel or separate. So it has two inputs and two outputs. The Reverb unit autodetects if there's one TRS cable plugged in (mono) or two (stereo). But I would like to act this unit as an stereo in and stereo out.
I already know how to setup this in Logic Pro X (utility I/O, including latency compensation) but it's more in the physical routing/wiring of the hardware (Reverb + AudioFuse studio) where I struggle. And besides, Do I have to configure the AudioFuse Control Center app to get this working?

Additional info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmrcVsSXEJA (Ventris Dual Reverb)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGA-EBpQoeQ (external effect inserts in Logic)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 01:31:00 pm by Dancenrg »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 02:06:40 pm »
Hi  I took a look and it is possible to use the Aux out on the rear for the output from logic channel sends by using on the Afcc the Aux set to cue1 or 2    you will loose a cue send if you require cue monitoring but if set to cue 2 on the Aux at least you have main mix or cue to still use.
in logic cue 2 is output 7-8
Hope this helps
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

Dancenrg

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 12:07:28 pm »
Well, that sounds great!
I’ve ordered the audio interface. Will check this out in a couple of days, thanks!

Dancenrg

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 10:22:22 pm »
A little update here. Finally I got my AAFS and tried the suggestion you did. It works, the output for cue 2 in Logic is 5+6. I figured out that the inserts effects only works on the input channels before the signals go into the DAW. Also handy but not what I was looking for. Now I can route every single track from my DAW through into the external effect. Thanks!
But I will take a look at ADAT expanders so I can incorporate more external devices in the future.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:25:09 pm by Dancenrg »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 11:02:39 pm »
Good to see it working for you enjoy!
TerryM

beatsbybear

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 08:36:29 pm »
Hi  I took a look and it is possible to use the Aux out on the rear for the output from logic channel sends by using on the Afcc the Aux set to cue1 or 2    you will loose a cue send if you require cue monitoring but if set to cue 2 on the Aux at least you have main mix or cue to still use.
in logic cue 2 is output 7-8
Hope this helps

thanks for this tip, this was pretty tricky to discover and you helped clear that up. thanks so much.

piercer

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 08:03:01 am »
Is the aux out balanced TRS?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines