April 25, 2024, 03:11:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polarity detection fails for sustain pedals with "normally open" footswitches  (Read 944 times)

ASDPC

• Apprentice
Issue description

As per section 3.1.5 of the manual, the unit is supposed to detect the polarity of any momentary footswitch that is connected to the sustain input:

If you have a momentary footswitch, plug it into the Sustain jack socket on the rear panel.If it w  orks the wrong way around, disconnect KeyStep P ro from its power source and thenreconnect it. KeyStep P ro w  ill sense the polarity of the pedal, and it should work fine afterthat.

I'm having no issues with my Roland DP-10 (in switch mode, because it's a half-damper), whose polarity is "normally closed".

However, the unit seems not to be able to detect the "normally open" polarity of my Korg PS-3 momentary footswitch. It will completely ignore it.

The classical trick consisting in powering the unit while the footswitch is pressed didn't get it to work either.

Interestingly, if I power the unit with the Korg PS-3 connected into it, but then I remove the jack from the sustain input, sustain gets activated for all subsequent key presses, which will only produce "note on" MIDI events. As soon as I connect the pedal back again, a "note off" MIDI event is produced for each different key that was pressed while the pedal was removed.

For what it's worth, minimum electrical resistance of the Ps-3 ranges from 40Ω when pressed (closed) to around 13KΩ at rest (open).

Firmware version
1.1.7 build 473

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines