March 28, 2024, 09:41:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: fixed velocity control  (Read 3069 times)

dougykeys

• Apprentice
fixed velocity control
« on: May 01, 2020, 03:36:19 pm »
Hello, forgive me if this already is possible...

But could it be possible to set a fixed velocity for the keys?  Especially for the drum tracks, I would like to just set it at max 127 so I don't have to worry about softer drums.  This would also be helpful for using my korg volca bass.  Currently, when playing there is a natural velocity curve.  I did not find a way to alter this under the menus.  If you could make it like yamahas, where you have a few options for velocity curves, and can also set a fixed velocity, that would be helpful. 

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Re: fixed velocity control
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 12:08:24 am »
+1

johndoe

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 02:18:20 am »
Hello, forgive me if this already is possible...

But could it be possible to set a fixed velocity for the keys?  Especially for the drum tracks, I would like to just set it at max 127 so I don't have to worry about softer drums.  This would also be helpful for using my korg volca bass.  Currently, when playing there is a natural velocity curve.  I did not find a way to alter this under the menus.  If you could make it like yamahas, where you have a few options for velocity curves, and can also set a fixed velocity, that would be helpful.

+1

Fixed value at 100 better no? But yes either way it's a must!

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:29:05 pm »
I am glad this was mentioned.  I just put a request in for this very thing yesterday.  My Novation SL49MKII from 11 years ago, allowed this right out of the box and I immediately tried to set the Keystep Pro to do the same thing, as soon as I turned it on, as it is how I play my stuff in and was quite annoyed when I saw curves listed in the settings, but no option to set a value.  My Novation allowed from 0-127, the full arrange and it would always play at that, until I changed it again.

This is exactly what needs to be in the Keystep Pro.  Not just curves, but allowing of a single value from 0-127, to fulfill anyone and everyone's needs.  No one likes being stuck to a predetermined value by the manufacturer, that may not suit their playing style.

sidechained

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 09:54:58 pm »
+1 for this also. The constant value could be the one the velocity knob is currently set at - so that it works just like adding new steps from the sequencer 1-16 buttons - that would be my preference. And a way to toggle it on/off without menu diving would be ideal (as I often want velocity sensing sometimes i.e. when recording synth lines and not others i.e. when recording drums)

BigFknRobots

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 12:24:45 pm »
I am glad this was mentioned.  I just put a request in for this very thing yesterday.  My Novation SL49MKII from 11 years ago, allowed this right out of the box and I immediately tried to set the Keystep Pro to do the same thing, as soon as I turned it on, as it is how I play my stuff in and was quite annoyed when I saw curves listed in the settings, but no option to set a value.  My Novation allowed from 0-127, the full arrange and it would always play at that, until I changed it again.

This is exactly what needs to be in the Keystep Pro.  Not just curves, but allowing of a single value from 0-127, to fulfill anyone and everyone's needs.  No one likes being stuck to a predetermined value by the manufacturer, that may not suit their playing style.

I have the mk1 SL61 - some of the midi options in that control keyboard are so kickass

I love how I can assign knobs and buttons to do systex commands if I want, useful for some parameters on the Virus that are outside what can be done with normal Midi CC

Buttons can do program change messages too

It's a beast and the keys feel great

BigFknRobots

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 12:26:26 pm »
a full velocity or a "16 levels" style velocity mode would be great

some other shift button with the step sequencer keys perhaps?

or if it was only in drum mode, you could use the top octave...

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 09:36:12 pm »

This! Is this still the case in the current firmware? I don't wanna be stuck with a predetermined value by the manufacture, I need more flexibility in assigning values from 0-127 like the Novation indeed... please make it happen!  :)

This is still the case and there is no value from the manufacturer at all.  It is still 100% velocity sensitive, without any means to set any static value, whatsoever.  I still hope this comes to play, as I hate playing drums and samples with velocity, unless I choose to do so.

Fantôme Apparent

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 07:16:27 pm »
Oh gosh! I came here, hoping to find a solution... please, pretty please Arturia, do something about it! It's umbearable with some synths like the volcas, I have to smash the keys just to obtain the same sound as with the ridiculously small keyboard of the machine. It seems so simple, let us set a default velocity or disable the sensitivity at least!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines