April 25, 2024, 10:04:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I love a sustain pedal.. buttttt......... assign pedal to "shift"?  (Read 511 times)

BigFknRobots

So many of the buttons on the KSP have shift features, and because there's only one shift button, at the far end of the keyboard, 99% of the combinations require 2 hands.

I'm tempted to try mod mine to give an extra button right in the middle of the steps section, that I could hit with my thumb and reach a decent amount of them
(I think I've suggested this idea before on this forum as an idea worth considering on future hardware revisions... have shift buttons anywhere there's a cluster of buttons that could benefit from it! they could all do exactly the same thing but improve ergonomics and speed when performing)

however, even if I do this, it won't help anyone else, I don't see a significant number of people wanting to attack their unit with a soldering iron.

I had an idea that might be more accessible and doesn't require hardware modifications,
what about giving the option to reassign the sustain pedal as a shift button?
holding down the shift button with your foot while tapping the other buttons with a single finger
or one could easily wire up any kind of external button to be placed anywhere they want... on the unit or towards the other side of it?
could be really convenient for some users!

Or could any of the cv connections be switched into an input for such things?
or a midi command?

Cheers for reading my post, if anyone thinks this is a good idea, please show some support below

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines