April 19, 2024, 01:37:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Assign knobs to quick control or midi learn in Cubase 10.5  (Read 1689 times)

Phil Grova

• Apprentice
Assign knobs to quick control or midi learn in Cubase 10.5
« on: April 30, 2020, 09:45:56 pm »
Hello!

I just purchased the keylab mk2 49. I am using Cubase 10.5 Pro and setting up everthing worked fine.

The last few hours I tried to set up the user mode, but I dont find myself able to do that.

There are two particular things I want to do:

1.) Assign knobs on the keyboard to Cubase quick controls (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi51PyTSyVg). It just does not seem to work. Do I somehow have to reset the knobs? Or assign them something certain?

2.) the midi learn function (https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/note_expression/note_expression_midi_learn_t.html) here it is the same again. When I go to user mode and then click on "midi learn" in cubase, it does not seem to work. The knob, I used does not do anything...

I also installed the midi Control Center (and updated the firmware) but I could not figure out, if there are any settings possible, which would allow me to do as described above.

I would be extremely happy, if there was a way to solve this, since despite these troubles the keyboard is absolutely amazing.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers!

LBH

Re: Assign knobs to quick control or midi learn in Cubase 10.5
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 10:08:33 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I don't use Cubase. And i don't have a Arturia controller. But it's about assigning midi cc's. So you should be in USER mode on your Keylab MKII- I suggest you read about the different modes in you controllers manual.
Also be sure that Keylabs encoder OPTIONS match a setting Cubase can/ is set to use. Read the manual about the options too.

The rest is about Cubase.

Usually when assigning controls, then be sure to move them enough to see they assign.

Cheers.

Phil Grova

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 10:33:45 pm »
Hi!

Thank you for your quick reply and the welcoming, I appreciate it!

Unfortunately the manual did not help me any further... About the CC`s, I think there might be something, I understand wrong- there are 127 different options, with some set to some certain parameters and some being "undefined". So when I want to do midi learn, which of the 127 options do I pick? Or should any be working?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 10:51:40 pm »
Your welcome.

The midi cc's that's defined is often used in applications allready. It's generel midi. You can also find charts and informations about it on the web.

I suggest you use undefined midi cc for things like this. I can suggest you use the undefined midi cc 22-31 for things like this. This way you may avoid conflicts. But i can't tell if Cubase use this midi cc's for something, so please consult Cubase manual about reserved midi cc's for Cubase. I doubt they use them, but just in case.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:55:08 pm by LBH »

Phil Grova

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 02:51:03 am »
Hey!

I was able to solve it by setting up the keyboard in cubase as a generic midi input in user mode. This way the encoders were not occupied and could be assigned to midi learning etc.

Thanks again and all the best,
Phil

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines