April 26, 2024, 09:58:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Window size not remembered  (Read 1444 times)

JuanMico

• Apprentice
Window size not remembered
« on: April 30, 2020, 11:29:18 am »
I re-installed the V Collection 7 after a few months of inactivity, and find the apps now don't seem to remember the window size I set them to the previos time. I use most of them set at 120% and they re-open at the default 90% or 100%.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Is this a new bug?
I'm on Windows 10.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:38:22 am by JuanMico »

LBH

Re: Window size not remembered
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 08:32:58 pm »
Can you please try and run and set up first all your standalone versions and then all your plugins - including cliking away the tutorial screen and setting the window size - , and tell if it helps?

Also have a look at this: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=101309.0#msg169578

JuanMico

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 08:04:11 am »
Thanks for the reply.
Well, I did exactly that the first time over, but now that you mention it, I remember I ran and set them up as they were being installed one by one from the Software Centre, and some of them closed abruptly when the following one started installing. That must have messed up some core installation file that's common to all apps.
I'm reinstalling all and leaving them alone until they're all downloaded and installed, and see if that solves the problem.

EDIT: So this is what's happened after reinstalling everything. I ran and set up all the apps again. It worked fine for all of them except four: Mini, Modular, CS-80 and Synclavier, that were still opening at 90% window size no matter what.
Then, went through each as VSTs from Cubase and I don't think it's a coincidence that those same four were the only ones that showed me the tutorial prompt again. And now everything seems fine for all apps in both standalone and VST.

So I'm still not too sure what's happened, but I'll keep my fingers crossed...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:40:03 pm by JuanMico »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:04:23 pm »
I also find something is'nt working as it should and have done before. But the things i suggested seems to have helped for me without reinstalling or cleaning preferences. Fingers crossed.  :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:05:56 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines