April 27, 2024, 05:18:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeystepPro & MatrixBrute  (Read 1179 times)

Tritone

KeystepPro & MatrixBrute
« on: April 29, 2020, 06:10:14 pm »
Hi, just joined this forum, so apologies if this is a redundant thread, but I didn’t find it anywhere.

I own the KSP and have mostly been using it to control software drums sample kits and soft synths.

I am close to pulling the trigger on a Matrixbrute, and I am trying to think through all of the ways my KSP could interact w the onboard controls (sequencer, etc) of the MB....?

Would it be redundant to keep the KSP if I buy a MB?

Thx in advance for helping me understand the possibilities for these two great pieces of gear could interact!!!!

ian-o

Re: KeystepPro & MatrixBrute
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 12:44:52 pm »
Hi Tritone
I've owned a MB since they were released - which I love very much, and have had a KSP for a couple of weeks. I had a BSP way back, which i ended up swapping for a keystep before the KSP. I also use a DrumBrute and a ton of modular - just to give you some context. I feel like I'm only really scratching the surface in my understanding so far of the power of the KSP. I like the idea of keeping performance hands on and live and not having to use a laptop in my set up. There is a huge amount of overlap in the possibilities of control between the MB and KSP. There's so much you can achieve with the controls of MB on it's own. Where the KSP comes in is in bringing control to a number of different devices. It's then a case of making a decision of how much control you assign to what device - for example, I have projects on the KSP that just send a midi clock to the MB and I use the onboard sequencer of the MB for the performance element...and then I have other projects on the KSP where it sends more info to the MB - melody etc.

So I think if you're looking to use other bits of kit alongside your MB, then the KSP is a great addition. If it's just to control the MB, then I'm not convinced you'll be getting the most out of the cost outlay. The controls of the MB on their own don't come anywhere close to the options the KSP present you with.

Hope that makes sense.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines