March 29, 2024, 03:59:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1 controller track for each track  (Read 1683 times)

Rituun

• Apprentice
1 controller track for each track
« on: April 29, 2020, 04:19:47 pm »
I feel a bit frustrated  ??? with the controller track, it's not linked to any track and it has it's own sequence... which is nice but sometimes ankward  ( as it's actually changing other tracks it should somehow be linked to these other tracks.
I feel it will be more logic to have it as a second page of parameters per tracks, + it would increase X 4 the total control parameters  :o

agion

• Apprentice
Re: 1 controller track for each track
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:18:24 pm »
+1

I was thinking the same, one control mode per track - have a mode for controlling CC# values for the MIDI channel assigned for the active track. To make better use of the encoders during performance.

collincrowe

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 12:02:45 pm »
This would make perfect sense. So you can control whatever specific synth per track

LarsDaniel

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:37:08 pm »
This would make perfect sense. So you can control whatever specific synth per track
Yes, please.

ASDPC

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 11:22:19 pm »
Can't wrap my head around why the controller feature doesn't differentiate tracks by default — it feels somehow incomplete to me without it.
Hope they add it in some firmware update soon!  ;)

winddealer

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 02:29:11 am »
I'm a bit disappointed reading all these posts.   After years of development time you'd think that many of these basic function asks would be part of the code at release time.  Let's face it, this isn't Arturias "first rodeo" as they have built many a sequencer and arp engine.  As the "flag ship" of the KeyStep line (Pro) I am a surprised.  Also expecting delivery this week.  Suppose if you really want something to get implemented in your lifetime better open a case to formalize your specific request.

"...but it has a metronome"!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:14:43 pm by winddealer »
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

TheAnt2002

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 11:27:44 pm »
Control change tracks with specific midi channels per track AND cc configuration is needed to make most of this to control motion..

Also need to be able to save these configurations on a per project basis

AdrianLazerMan

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 04:04:06 pm »
Control change tracks with specific midi channels per track AND cc configuration is needed to make most of this to control motion..

Also need to be able to save these configurations on a per project basis

+1 on this discussion, and I would like to be able to not only send cc's but also NRPN Messages.

patogen.

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 11:49:15 am »
+1 for this

iktomi

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 02:49:35 pm »
Just recieved mine last week, and this was one of the 1st thing I checked : got several expanders and workstations, with a lot of instruments or timbres, and I like to switch for one to other between 10 midi channels, and the KSP save only global settings for this.
Ok this force to be more focused on a few instruments and being smart, but it would be nice to have at least midi channels settings per projects iif not per tracks.
Better : midi setting saved per pattern, that would be really nice.
The must would be a direct control do change midi channel of a track during a live play.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines