April 16, 2024, 06:47:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments recording double midi notes in Cakewalk by Bandlab  (Read 1722 times)

deadeye

• Apprentice
Pigments recording double midi notes in Cakewalk by Bandlab
« on: April 28, 2020, 04:46:49 pm »
Hi, I can't explain how or why this is happening but when I'm using Pigments and I come to record midi data using my Keylab 61 MKII within Cakewalk by Bandlab every note that's recorded is doubled up but with a slight delay. I've looked in the Piano Roll and Staff view and they are doubled up.

This is only happening with Pigments. I can load any other synth up from V Collection 7 or any other vst synth I own from other companies and the problem is not there.

For the life of me I can't work out what's going on as I'm not doing anything different when loading and playing the other software, it's just Pigments.

Any ideas please?

LBH

Re: Pigments recording double midi notes in Cakewalk by Bandlab
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 06:07:12 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I don't know about Cakewalk. But -

How is your input setting for the track?
Do you have the issue, if you only have selected your midi controller as input for the track?
Does it return, if you use a "all inputs" as input for the track?

deadeye

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 08:39:35 pm »
Many thanks for your reply.

I've tried everything I can think of but like I say, it only does it with Pigments. It's not like I have the problem throughout the project.

At the moment, I just can't get my head around it. I'll have another go tomorrow and look with a rested brain :-)

deadeye

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:42:32 pm »
...........and just to throw a spanner in the works. I tried an experiment and playing Pigments through Analogue 4 I do not have any problems at all.
It's only when it is loaded onto a track as a stand alone.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 10:23:09 pm »
I suggest you try in a new empty DAW project. There could be an issue with the project.

Not all synths can output MIDI. Pigments can. But it should only matter, if you can and does route the output back into the Pigments/track somehow. Normally an "All" input should not matter, but it could be DAW related. That's why i asked the questions i asked.
Analog Lab does'nt output MIDI. And perhaps you don't have the same routing to it.

There could be an issue that's DAW related somehow.
You are the only one i've heard having this issue.

Please keep in mind, that this forums is'nt officiel Arturia support. I'm a user. I'm only trying to help. If there is an issue with Pigments there is, if there is'nt an issue with Pigments there is'nt.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:49:19 pm by LBH »

deadeye

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 05:55:02 pm »
LBH, many thanks for your input with this issue.
I've opened new projects to to see it that cures it but sadly it doesn't. I thought I'd post the problem here because, like you say, you are users and not official support. Although I haven't  posted on here before I have visited on many occasions to read through the various posts. I have quite a lot of Arturia products and you guys know your stuff. Like I said earlier, thanks for your help and advice. I think it is a DAW problem as I can use Pigments through Analogue Lab problem free.
When I get a bit more time (can't use lockdown to sort problems out as I'm still working long shifts) I'll try get to the bottom of it.
Thanks again, you're a star for your imput.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines