April 27, 2024, 05:30:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton Midi Sync Issues, Arpeggiator Swing + other bugs  (Read 1007 times)

MADVILLA

• Apprentice
Ableton Midi Sync Issues, Arpeggiator Swing + other bugs
« on: April 28, 2020, 12:08:50 pm »
So after two solid days of use theres some issues/bugs I picked up on with the Keystep Pro.

1.) The Arpeggiators on the KSP don't swing, they are fixed at 50% which limits them.

2.) Another issue i noticed with the KSP and Ableton, is that it seems impossible to properly sync the sequencer with Abletons midi tracks without very noticeable latency. This happens even with a low buffer on a blank project. Theres no real latency issues when playing the keys or sequencing my external gear using ableton’s clock but if i try and sequence a plugin or drum rack on the KSP, no matter what i do, the sequencer wont sync properly (its 1 step out of time_. If i offset the midi clock in abletons preferences (on my computer i have to offset the clock approx. -125 ms) it does fix the issue but then my external gear is no longer synced up. Even If i slave Ableton to the KSP’s clock the issue still remains. Ive tried USB and midi and no luck. Seen peeps in other threads complaining of this same exact issue with the BSP as well.

3.) I'm also having issues (using midi) where sequences might start bugging out randomly (pitch dropping extremely low in the rests in between active steps, sequences altering in an unintended way when using the shift function, random high pitched/sustained notes, chords changing into single notes). Issues seem to only be fixed by either clearing the pattern or hitting the panic button on my midi interface to kill the midi messages.

Theres other little bugs that other users have picked up on, these are the main ones that have stood out to me so far. Will update on any other issues that are noticed, but do hope these can be addressed very soon in a firmware update cause the KSP pro is amazing. Just needs some kinks  ironed out 🙂

*Additional Bugs Noticed*

-Been having problems with the first step on the step sequencer triggering random sustained notes even after the pattern is cleared.

-Step sequencer sometimes still plays notes even after the steps have been un-toggled. Have to clear pattern to reset back to normal.

-When recording sequences in live, after hitting stop/pause and playing back the sequence it often transposes up 1 semitone randomly for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:02:47 pm by MADVILLA »

johndoe

Re: Ableton Midi Sync Issues, Arpeggiator Swing + other bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 11:11:58 am »
Hi thanks for the list, had some of the issues too.

Question: do you know how, after recording a sequence clip in Ableton, how to prevent the sequence to play twice at the same time (both in Ableton and the sequence still active in the KSP)? I don't manage to do that, and whenever I keep playing with KSP/Ableton after that I will get conflicting notes. I would like the Ableton's midi clip to override the notes of my KSP, not to double them!

I have Monitoring in auto mode.

Also: how to set the length of notes in KSP while recording in Step Recording mode? It seems to only enter very short notes while doing so, making it unplayable and bad/stuttering sounds with my source, whereas if I use Real Time Recording it's fine, as it records what the sequence/notes length I record live.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:35:07 am by johndoe »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines