March 28, 2024, 09:10:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CV Glide portamento?  (Read 5121 times)

trackboy44

CV Glide portamento?
« on: April 27, 2020, 07:53:56 pm »
I miss this so much! Most Important for playing the Modular with a KeyStep as an Instrument IMO!
Also the Option to use the Modstrip and Touchstrip as CV-mod is missing! Or do I miss something?

Stay Healthy Y‘all

Cs4System

• Apprentice
Re: CV Glide portamento?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 08:40:42 pm »
+1
would love that as well!

TonvaterJan

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 06:14:01 pm »
+1 here

mariann

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 03:36:09 am »
YES PLEASE :)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 05:51:55 am »
Forgive my ignorance here but isn't portamento normally a feature of the synthesizer as opposed to the sequencer? Most hardware synths have portamento as part of their synth architecture.  For modular etups I thought this was done using a slew limiter or similar module?

qbassa

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:46 am »
+1 for CV glide controlled by modstrip
+1 for ability to route modstrip to velocity / mod cv out

webhead311

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 12:42:15 am »
Forgive my ignorance here but isn't portamento normally a feature of the synthesizer as opposed to the sequencer? Most hardware synths have portamento as part of their synth architecture.  For modular etups I thought this was done using a slew limiter or similar module?

Nah this feature is also possible with sequencers. In fact, the BSP has it which makes it odd that its not in the KSP.

Hägen

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 05:04:24 pm »
+1

Please implement. It's a very important feature I used with my BSP. I'm totally surprised that this is missing in Keystep Pro.

tomoyo255

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 05:07:50 pm »
I support this request as well.

Rationale

For example, to achieve let's say a Jarre's Equinoxe 7 type of bass line, you need to have bass line running in the background with fixed pitch (Equinoxe 7 would have two 16-step patterns to go only, perfect, let's say we use one of the tracks of the KSP and, of course, no transposition's taking place, especially as transposing will act on a per-full note basis, i.e. no glide can happen here). A second distinct track is than just used for its CV pitch that is driven in one CV input of the synth playing the bass, where it's linked by mod matrix to the All Osc Pitch.

The problem arises, because no glide processor is between the KSP and the Oscs. As a result, the Equinox 7 effect is not happening with this simple setup. A glide processor has to be introduced in the CV path described above. As we can't expect all synths to suddenly provide a glide processor available for free CV send/return and everyone doesn't have the space and the money to buy a Eurorack unit, the KeyStep Pro is really the best place to implement the glide. Besides, a glide on that unique CV keyboard controller would be the icing on the cake with so much more applications.

(For image, please see @ https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=105253.0)

Please Arturia, add this. Regards.

* Equinoxe 7 intro with its famous glide effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJ50xs2rWU
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 02:43:02 pm by tomoyo255 »

pulsewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 03:55:20 pm »
+1

The Keystep37 ability to slide/portamento (tie) different pitches together makes it an industry leader. It's only natural that the Pro version is able to do this as well.

statlerw

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 11:36:05 am »
+1

Soupsounds

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 09:52:01 pm »
+1 - Makes no sense not having this.

Can do it via CV tools from Ableton can't be too difficult

jemakeyboards

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 03:47:11 pm »
Still needed.  I was hoping to drive my PRO ONE hardware synth with the Keylab Mkii CV output.  Everything works great except no portamento/glide.  The PRO ONE inputs CV AFTER its internal Glide control.  I was using a Kenton USB-to-CV device that added glide, so this must be a fairly common need. 

Cormentis

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022, 09:07:29 pm »
I miss this so much! Most Important for playing the Modular with a KeyStep as an Instrument IMO!
Also the Option to use the Modstrip and Touchstrip as CV-mod is missing! Or do I miss something?

Stay Healthy Y‘all

Yes, please, CV portamento/glide and mod strip!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines