April 20, 2024, 03:33:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP to MiniBrute, MicroBrute, DrumBrute Impact: HELP?  (Read 1602 times)

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
BSP to MiniBrute, MicroBrute, DrumBrute Impact: HELP?
« on: April 27, 2020, 01:22:32 pm »
Own all 4. Just getting started. I got the minibrute up and running with the BSP right away, but because of the lack of “midi thru” ports on all 4, I have ordered a Quadra Thru midi solutions box, which I presume I will need. Can someone help enlighten me on how I connect my minibrute and Microbrute PLUS the DrumBrute Impact, too?

I understand I will need to use my MacBook Pro to set the internal BSP accordingly, but right now I’m just having a bit of a problem “getting” how I can link all 3 to my BSP. You help me, then I send you some swag from my band, for free?

And who doesn’t need a “Drunks with Guns” shirt?

Ok, so far I have the BSP’s midi out going to my MiniBrute.

What next...?
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP to MiniBrute, MicroBrute, DrumBrute Impact: HELP?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 11:23:08 am »
Drunk With Guns, cute name!

I'm sure you've received your Quadra Thru by now and I'm sure you've worked out it's dead easy.  Just in case, here's how it goes:
Set the two note sequencers to the same channel your mini and micro Brutes are set to, with the drum sequencer set to that which your Impact is set.  Plug your BSP into the Quadra Thru in and its outs to the three instruments.  Hit play!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:00:41 pm »
Ok, so many questions. For starters, “what my minibrute and microbrute are set too?” Should I open them on my MacBook Pro, separately and one at a time, and then “set” them to something in particular? The same channel each? Different channels? Does it matter which one? Not any closer to getting this to work. Yes, the Quadra box Thingy arrived. But it’s not working. What and how do I get this to work? Set what to what and where?
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:39:42 am »
The MiniBrute is set to MIDI ch1 by default and I'm guessing that the Micro is also.  To change this, use MCC.  MCC can only deal with one device at a time, so you need to do each instrument separately and not at the same time as the BSP.  You should set them to the same channel as the SEQ you are going to use to sequence them to (use the CHAN button on your BSP to check what channels the different tracks are set to).
Just for ease of remembering what channel is set to what, make SEQ 1 and the MiniBrute Ch1, SEQ 2 and the MicroBrute Ch2, and the DRUM and Impact Ch10 (the 'standard' channel for drum tracks in MIDI).

I don't own a Quadra Thru, but MIDI splitter boxes are pretty straight forward.For your requirements, plug the BSP MIDI out into the Quadra Thru In.  There is no specific out on the Quadra Thru for any of the instruments you want to feed the MIDI to, so plug your instruments in to the output in whatever order you want.
The only issues I know of with MIDI Solutions devices is that they use power from the devices they are plugged into and sometime are not able to draw power.  But I know other BSP owners use them without issue.  The boxes have a power light on them that should light up when they are drawing power.  If your's isn't working I'd maybe contact the store you bought it from for a replacement.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines