March 29, 2024, 12:11:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain Pedal Untriggers Notes  (Read 2464 times)

reversebottle

Sustain Pedal Untriggers Notes
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:31:12 am »
Hi there,

I've been demoing Pigments and have come across a bug that makes it somewhat unusable for me.

Essentially, I've noticed that if I first press down my sustain pedal, play the same note/chord twice in a row while still holding the sustain and keeping the note/chord physically held down, then release the sustain pedal while still holding the note/chord from the second time playing it, that the note/chord that is still being physically held down gets released when the sustain pedal is released.
This is very clearly not supposed to happen and I haven't had any luck finding info about it online. I'd genuinely like to buy Pigments but if this is the intended behavior I don't think I could get past it.

I've tried this with 3 different MIDI controllers on two different computers (both in standalone and in Reaper) and had the same results.

It's a bit hard to show but I recorded it happening. The notes cut off all at the same time when I release the sustain even though I'm still holding the keys down on my MIDI controller.
https://imgur.com/YRfJYBJ

Anybody else experiencing this or is this simply a bug? I would report it on Arturia's website but I'm unable to since I don't actually own it.

Thanks!

LBH

Re: Sustain Pedal Untriggers Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 02:02:48 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I have actually wondered about some weird things i encountered while i played. It look like this is it.

If you set the Steal in the in the Keyboard sections Play settings to Rotate, then it helps. But of coarse a note that is down, should not stop playing, when the sustain pedal is released no mateer which playmode you use. Thanks for reporting this bug.
I mention my exsperience in reply #7 in this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=98566.0#msg170281 - as i also exsperience this when i use the sustain pedal. Thanks for making it clear what's going on.

I suggest you also report it to Arturia support. You can direct to this thread.
Hopefully it will be fixed right away.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 02:05:37 pm by LBH »

reversebottle

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:00:44 pm »
Thanks for welcoming me, it's a nice community here it seems like.

I'm glad I could sort of help pin down the issue you were having as well, I read through the post you linked and it definitely seems like the same issue.

Unfortunately like I said I don't own Pigments so I can't submit a bug without a serial number. I might go ahead and buy it just to submit the ticket... haha.
I think I might actually, I'll post an update here with more info. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: just submitted a ticket, hopefully I'll hear back soon!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:32:23 pm by reversebottle »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 04:34:53 pm »
EDIT: just submitted a ticket, hopefully I'll hear back soon!
That's great. Thanks.

FYI: I have also reported the issue by leading to this thread.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:43:01 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 11:42:39 pm »
Half fixed?
I think this is working in version 2.1.1.3815 when in Reassign mode. But something odd is happening when in Rotate mode sometimes. Just play piano style and you should sometimes exsperience, what i mean.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 07:34:57 pm »
Half fixed?
I think this is working in version 2.1.1.3815 when in Reassign mode. But something odd is happening when in Rotate mode sometimes. Just play piano style and you should sometimes exsperience, what i mean.
I unfortunately. exsperience the same issue in OB-Xa. Perhaps more applications need a check.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines