April 16, 2024, 04:13:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I keep getting this error screen when opening Pigments  (Read 2144 times)

spacetormentor

• Apprentice
I keep getting this error screen when opening Pigments
« on: April 19, 2020, 08:24:08 pm »
Everytime I open Pigments from my projects I get this error message, meaning I cannot access my presets which i havent saved yet. I use Ableton 10 on MacOS and upgraded from Standard to Suite about 4 days ago if that matters.

LBH

Re: I keep getting this error screen when opening Pigments
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 10:08:11 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Do you get the same error, when you open pigments in standalone mode?

Have you moved or changed any files manually?

Have you tried to clear Pigments preferences through ASC?

spacetormentor

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:28:33 pm »
Hello!

Hmm when I open it in stand alone mode it doenst happen, nor does it happen when I make a new MIDI track with Pigments. It only happens on projects which already had Pigments in it. I have not move any files manually. Ive tried clearing the preferences and also reinstalling it but it didnt solve the problem.

Also one more question (I tried looking for this but couldnt find an answer), is there anyway to set the default preset in Pigments. It always boots up with the Reverse Box preset but Id rather just have the default template.

Thank you!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 02:14:37 pm »
HI,

Hmm when I open it in stand alone mode it doenst happen, nor does it happen when I make a new MIDI track with Pigments. It only happens on projects which already had Pigments in it. I have not move any files manually. Ive tried clearing the preferences and also reinstalling it but it didnt solve the problem.
I'm on Windows and i don't know much ablut Ableton Live.

I wonder about what the unsupported parameter in Pigments_gui.xml file the error message mention is.

If things work in standalone mode and even on new Live tracks, then it does'nt look like there is anything wrong with the XML file or anything else - at least with the new version of Pigments. It look like a DAW related issue. Perhaps some informations have been saved in your LIVE projects for Pigments in earlier versions of either Pigments or Live.
Perhaps the Live upgrade somehow can have something to do with the issue. I can't tell for sure, but for me that at the moment look to be most plausible.
I think you have to ask both Arturia and Ableton support about this.

Also one more question (I tried looking for this but couldnt find an answer), is there anyway to set the default preset in Pigments. It always boots up with the Reverse Box preset but Id rather just have the default template.
As far as i know, then you can't set the preset Arturis plugins open with from inside the applications. Perhaps it's possible to change it in an XML file, but in that case it need to be changed every time the file is updated.
The standalone applications open with the last preset you had selected.

spacetormentor

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 02:53:03 pm »
Thanks for the answers!

The loss of presets dont really bother me much, was just wondering if this was a common error :) I guess it does have something to do with the upgrade to Suite

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 02:57:45 pm »
Your welcome.

What do you mean by loss of presets? Have'nt you saved the settings you had set as presets?

spacetormentor

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 05:47:58 pm »
Sorry by presets I meant I had made sounds using Pigments but hadnt saved them and cannot access these anymore because of that screen but it was only 2 or 3 sounds.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 06:53:28 pm »
I don't think an Ableton Live upgrade should give issues by it self. Look like something has been changed somehow.
But it's good if it's not a big deal for you. Have fun with your new DAW.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines