March 28, 2024, 03:42:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cut note or note length ???  (Read 2209 times)

Roroba

• Apprentice
Cut note or note length ???
« on: April 25, 2020, 01:52:18 am »
Hi all,

I am not musician, but this days I am trying to play some covers...

To do this I am using Analog lab 4 and minilab, I am not able to explain in correct way my idea in to get some note, for this reason I record a video.

My idea its like cut a note, If I press contianually Do (C4) and play my notes I got the effect that I desire but lamentably C4 is in the background, my idea start in second 12 in this video:

https://youtu.be/gtKa0eZkyQM

If you know some effect to do this I will grateful.

Thanks in advance
Rodrigo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:00:28 am by Roroba »

LBH

Re: Cut note or note length ???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 04:41:19 pm »
Are you only having this issue with a certain preset?
Which preset are you using?

Are your Youtube Videos public?

Roroba

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 05:34:25 am »
Hi

Yes, video is public.
I am using Autobahn chord high in Analog lab 4

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 02:08:08 pm »
I doubt the public can get much out of such a video.

? Please answer this question.
Have you changed anything in the preset?

Do you record in a loop mode in the video?
It's like you wait for the wrong sound to set in. You don't play, when it come. That actually does'nt look like a hanging note or anything else that's controller related.
It look like something else is playing the sound, - and perhaps also use a hold function.

gphantom

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »
I believe that if you record it in a DAW, you should be able to increase the volume on a specific note (I never tried this) but you could record a note separately in one track and the others in another then you would be able to control each track separately.  I'm sure there are other ways like doing a multi instrument using the same one on both and controlling the volume on each.
Good luck.

Roroba

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 10:28:48 pm »

Hi
Thanks LBH and gphantom for you reply

LBH:
not, I am not having  issue with a certain preset

gphantom :
Thanks iwill try with Ableton live.

Regards

LBH

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 11:29:27 pm »
It has been almost a month since you posted.

The preset you use is'nt a factory preset.
The thing is, that i try to find out what you ask about? Are you having an issue or not?

Are you sending notes to the preset from a DAW, while you try to play the same preset in the same instance? Having a look at it again, then i think you are doing this, and that you are not having issues.

I believe the used presets playmode is UNISON. A unison preset can ony play one note at a time. So you have to use multiple instances so the DAW can play one note in one instance, and you can play another note in another instance. In that regard then it's true, that you can do like gphantom suggest. But you can also in any DAW just use multiple tracks with a new Analog Lab instance on each track loaded with the same preset. But i actually thought you knew about that.

You should not have behaviors like this in all Analog Lab presets, unless you you have issues of some kind. Any preset that's not in monophonic or unison playmode and can play multiple notes, should not give this behavior, and you say it's not about a certain preset for you, so i must understand, that you have this behavior with all presets, and then you perhaps are not sending notes from the DAW to Analog Lab in your video. You don't tell.
So i'm still not sure, that i understand and answer, what you ask about. If not, then you must explain more precise and detailed.

Regards.

EDIT: Also look at my reply to your other thread here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=102107.msg171720#new EDIT END.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:45:14 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines