March 29, 2024, 08:30:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: weird behavior in Ableton 10.1 but fine in the standalone  (Read 1229 times)

megfohl

• Apprentice
weird behavior in Ableton 10.1 but fine in the standalone
« on: April 25, 2020, 01:45:49 am »
I'm having a very weird issue with analog lab/V collection. When I load the plug-in into Ableton as a VST or a VST3 the preset parameters will change on their own, the sound of it will change without me doing anything. There is no visual in the plug-in window of knobs or sliders moving at all. Sometimes the preset will keep playing even if I'm not playing anything. The keyboard view in the plug-in window will show keys being held down even when they are not. Sometimes This will happen when I am using an original keystep and if I am using my Korg microkey. Weirdly this does not happen in the standalone version of Analog lab/V collection. It doesn't matter what sound pack I'm using either. It does this with any of them. It also does not happen with any of my other plug-ins.

I am using a Mac running Catalina
Ableton 10.1.9
Analog Lab 4.1.2.3657

Has anyone had this issue? TIA
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 07:22:22 pm by megfohl »

megfohl

• Apprentice
Re: weird behavior in Ableton 10.1 but fine in the standalone
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 03:26:55 am »
Here it is in action. Note that when a key is held down I am not doing it, the plug-in is doing it on it's own and i have to press the key again for it to stop.

https://youtu.be/cIb280KdQ6I

LBH

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 04:40:23 pm »
Are you saying that all presets in Analog Lab show this issue?
You select a certain Pigments preset from a soundpack from the soundstore, so i can't test it. It's better to name a factory preset so it's possible to test. (Please keep in mind, that this forum is'nt official Arturia support. I'm a user.)

You mention V-Collection. Does that mean you have V-Collection, and that you also have the issue when you use all the full individual applications instead of Analog Lab?

Are your Youtube Video public?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 04:43:01 pm by LBH »

megfohl

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 07:35:39 pm »
Thanks for the reply. This happens even when selecting Arturia factory presets. Yes I do have the V-Collection. I just tried a factory preset and I still encounter the issue. I opened up the instrument in it's own track and I still get the issue of the sound playing and showing a key being held down when I am not actually doing it myself. However the sound doesn't change like it does when selecting that same /device/sound in the analog lab view. I used the DX-7 Additive Piano as an example. I can make another video to display this if needed.

My youtube video is unlisted but if you have the link it should work. If it doesn't please let me know, I can change the permissions.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 08:30:23 pm »
I can see the video, as you can tell i know which preset you used. I doubt the public can get much out of such a video, so that's why i asked.

I don't have this issue. My DAW is Studio One 3, and i'm on windows 10. I use VST2 at the moment, because Studio One does'nt support Arturias VST3 midi channel selection.

You say you don't have the issue, when you use the standalone applications. This perhaps rule out it's a controller issue, like the use of other plugins without issues does. So it look like the issue somehow is DAW related.
It also look like you did the test in a new project, so it does'nt look like a recording or automation is responsible.

I don't use Ableton Live.
Are you sure your controller is set up correctly, so you in example does'nt get any midi feedbacks? If you are sure, then i suggest you contact Arturia support through your account, - and perhaps Ableton support.

I don't think i can help more. I return if i get an idea.
Good luck.

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 06:48:22 pm »
A few questions are useful.
1-  What computer do you have - How much ram, what processor etc.
2-  Which operating system?  Apple?  Windows 10, 8, 7 etc.
3-  Which USB port?  USB 1.1, 2, 3 (Might be an issue although small)
4-  Have you tried a different port or a different USB cable?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines