March 28, 2024, 03:45:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can you lock encoders?  (Read 949 times)

southdalesave

Can you lock encoders?
« on: April 24, 2020, 11:15:26 pm »
Hi,
I use Ableton Live with my MiniLab and I want to use it for live performance, but I've found that the encoders are too slow to do cool effects effectively (eg. a filter sweep). Is there any way I can make the parameters change faster?

dx1

• °(òÓ)°
  • If you can't do something smart, …
Re: Can you lock encoders?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:21:07 pm »
I'm pretty new to this all but I remember something I read.

Regarding page 34 in the English manual of the Minilab MkII open Midi Control Center, select the knob you want to change the acceleration of and set it to
  • Mode: NRPN/RPN
  • Option: One of the two, depending of what parameter you want to alter with the knob — I don't know if this is relevant at all, see next step:
  • LSB and MSB settings: I don't know if in your case it is important to dial in something specific. Manual states: "Use the LSB / MSB fields to specify the parameter number. Min/Max are ignored in this case." As I said, I'm new to this. I would guess it has something to do with controlling an actual device that is expecting specific inputs, but I don't like to give answers based on assumptions.
  • Data entry: Set accelaration between "1:128 (coarse)" and "1:1 (fine).
Hit "Save As…" to save as user template, store to device memory slot. ← That I'm sure of.

I hope I could help. If not, you or anyone let me know, please. I'd be happy to learn something here, too.

EDIT

Also, you'll have to switch to the other memory slot that is not #8: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/ableton-live-control-surface-mappings
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:36:21 pm by dx1 »
… do something right.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines