April 19, 2024, 07:06:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Controlling tempo with minilab mkII - editing script for that  (Read 2099 times)

laverdure

• Apprentice
Hi,

Could you tell me if there's any way to control tempo with minilab mkii ?

By the way, as Live writes in memory 8 the mapping for mkII, is there any way to modify what Lives writes down ? for example, controlling tempo with knob 1, color purple for armed tracks without any scenes, arming selected track by pushing knob 1, etc...

Thanks a lot !

T.

LBH

Re: Controlling tempo with minilab mkII - editing script for that
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 01:57:27 pm »
Hi,

Minilab MKII does'nt have a build in midi clock. So you can only control tempo from Minilab MKII, if you can assign a control to a tempo somehow.

I think you can assign a control to Ableton Live tempo setting by using Lives MIDI mapping.  You can try.

laverdure

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 10:57:02 am »
Hi,

So, i finally succeed to map the minilab to control the tempo : turning knob 1 increase or decrease tempo and pushing it makes a "tap tempo". So that's cool and very useful !!

But ... I have another question. In one of my sets, i have several midi tracks with loops. I have two more with no scenes, only the midi instrument loaded. I just want to make solos with those tracks. I've found a mapping with shift+pads to arm those tracks but i would like the pads to light up in a specific color, purple for example.

As there is no scenes in those tracks, the pads remains dark, is there any way to lighten them up ?

T.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 04:48:45 pm »
I don't have a Arturia controller. So i can't tell you much.
Have you tried the "Color" setting you have for the Pads? I can see there is some in Midi Control Center. Purple is one of them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines