March 28, 2024, 01:58:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "Cutoff/Pan 1" Knob is not accurate/erratic  (Read 1150 times)

tsferro

"Cutoff/Pan 1" Knob is not accurate/erratic
« on: April 23, 2020, 08:26:17 pm »
I've had this issue since day one with the mkII but am only now getting around to trying a fix...

when I use the Cutoff / Pan 1 Knob, the value jumps around / is unstable, but generally moves with the direction of the knob (sometimes though, it has to be turned several times to just get it to respond in that direction). This occurs in all software (ableton and various VSTs including Analog Lab and V collection)

All other knobs work fine and I am using the 2nd-most recent USB MIDI drivers (latest update installing now)...though the issue has been there throughout with various driver updates.

I am really hoping this isn't a hardware issue!! Any help/ideas is very much appreciated!!!!

LBH

Re: "Cutoff/Pan 1" Knob is not accurate/erratic
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:47:43 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

To me this sound like a defect encoder, i'm afraid.
I suggest you ask Arturia support through your account.

tsferro

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 09:18:32 pm »
ok thanks - was hoping this wasn't the case

spottist

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 05:10:20 pm »
I had the exact same problem and I do not think it's a faulty encoder since when I assign cutoff to a different encoder the glitch followed the parameter to the new encoder. I opened a support ticket with Arturia. They asked me to re-instal the firmware and to do a factory reset. I did that and it seems to have resolved the problem. I still get the occasional small glitch but it is much, much better and perfectly playable

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines