April 18, 2024, 11:42:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Save Arps  (Read 3956 times)

Cs4System

• Apprentice
Save Arps
« on: April 23, 2020, 05:16:54 pm »
Hi,
do you guys think it would be possible to implement a way to save Chords and settings that are feed into the Arp?
So my Idea would be like this:
If I play some kind of Arp. lets say a Am-Chord, HOLD in on, +2 Oct,... I would like to save all that into a "pattern".(not as a sequencer-pattern, more like a capture of the currently played Arp).
then I would play a nother Arp, now with a new chord, for example. And save it again.
In the end, I could chain these patterns and I would end up with a nice Chord progression.

Would be soooo great and I think It would lift the Arps to a whole new level.
Since all Ideas are Implementet in an similar fashion on the sequencer, it's easy to understand and very intuitive.

cheers
Lorenz

Rituun

• Apprentice
Re: Save Arps
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 11:03:11 am »
I would love a way to record arps as well
By my side the way I would see it would be a seq+ arp mode : be able to to record what I played in arp mode,
then to be able to change the arp parameters, arp should be treated  arp as a midi effect : the sequencer records the note I played ( lets say just a chord for ex) , not the arp. and then arp is applied to that. If I change whatever arp parameter, then the final sequence would be affected, giving room for live improvisation

ASDPC

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:19:48 pm »
This is a must!

Ideally, you should be able to "sequence" chords while on arpeggiator mode, as well as allowing chaining so that you can build evolving arpeggios and leave them going while you are live playing on a different track.

Maybe a simpler to implement thing would be a command for turning the arpeggio you are playing into a pattern that you can then edit with the sequencer, queue into chains and save into scenes as usual.

drwasabinut

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 06:28:09 pm »
Yes. was about to post this myself. otherwise if you accidentally deselect hold the complex arp you've created is gone forever. (i'm giving it the benefit of the doubt here as its possible that currently they also disappear for reasons unknown...)

al80

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 06:55:49 pm »
+1

diesle55

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 11:44:00 pm »
yes, +1. I was surprised to find that it doesn't record arps.. It seems like a pretty basic function.

winddealer

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 02:19:44 am »
That ask would be a "Pro" function.  This current code revision is more like a Keystep Plus version.  After all these years of development that the KSP would already support many of these feature requests.  I am amazed that the "board" doesn't support Patch Changes per sequence.  Still trying to wrap my head around that one.   Thankfully there is a generous return policy.  Maybe just wait six to 12 months until the "black version" comes out and by that time the firmware might be where it should have been at launch time? 
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

johndoe

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 10:12:22 am »
yes, +1. I was surprised to find that it doesn't record arps.. It seems like a pretty basic function.

+2

Lonzo5

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 02:43:03 pm »
+1

I'm surprised you're not able to arpeggiate an existing sequence.  That seems pretty basic-- just treat it the same way as if you were playing the chord live, perhaps by holding seq+arp, and make that state saveable by pattern.  That would create a huge amount of flexibility in your patterns.

gajimicu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 03:25:16 am »
+1
There are two things I think here:
- be able to save a chord played in arp mode (currently there is no way to save an arp...)
- sequence chord progressions using the arp

I received my keystep pro yesterday and that's one of the first things I tried to do after laying down a drum beat and a melody, have an Arpeggiated chord progression.
But I couldn't...
I was quite blown away by this absence.

I guess I never questioned it in my keystep because it was a pretty basic instrument, but here I was under the impression that I would be able to do that right away.

So please Arturia, implement this, the sequencing of chord played by the arpeggio is the one thing that a DAW can do super easily and that should be available on the KSP with everything pretty much laid out fo it to work.

THanks!!

marcel-x

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 07:30:54 pm »
+1

TonvaterJan

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 03:30:54 pm »
Ideally, you should be able to "sequence" chords while on arpeggiator mode

This!!!

+1 here;

I thinks it´s a strange omission, to leave out recording Chords in the Arp Mode.
I mean, even minilogues do that...

qbassa

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 01:04:53 am »
+1   arp->seq like Microfreak would be great also

Xinod

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 11:12:19 am »
Hope they are working on these features, frankly it’s unbelievable you can’t record (let alone sequence, but even just save!) arpeggio or chords  :-\

P.s. Can you please change these bloody captcha??? It’s impossible to get the letters right!!!!

slevin

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2021, 09:36:59 am »
+1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines