September 24, 2020, 05:03:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: Keylab Essential 61 and MCC - weird problem  (Read 298 times)

dazgee

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Keylab Essential 61 and MCC - weird problem
« on: April 21, 2020, 11:43:20 pm »
I run a desktop pc running Win 10 as a daw and access it via remote access on a laptop.
I do this as it's easier when using it with my keylab essential.
Up until now everything is has been fine.
However, I've recently bought a new laptop that I will be using as a daw.
When I try to open MCC I get an error 'Failed to open the device. Please verify that the device is not in use by another application'.
I Uninstalled MCC are reinstalled a newer version but the problem still persists.
I created a second user profile on the desktop pc (this was done directly and not via remote connection) and with this new profile MCC worked fine.
I then tried my other profile and low and behold, it worked fine with MCC.
The problem is only happening with remote connection and yet my old laptop is still fine with it so the problem is with the new laptop.
I've compared the remote access settings between the 2 laptops and they are identical so I'm hoping someone here has the answer.
I have a few tracks I would like to finish before the major task of installing everything on the new laptop.




LBH

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3.424
  • Karma: 36
Re: Keylab Essential 61 and MCC - weird problem
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 01:00:43 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.
When I try to open MCC I get an error 'Failed to open the device. Please verify that the device is not in use by another application'.
The mentioned "Device" is your controller and not MCC i believe. Some application is running where you controller is setup. Perhaps even in a remote setup application, but i don't know about it.

dazgee

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Re: Keylab Essential 61 and MCC - weird problem
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:50:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply but I have solved it.
With the Windows remote desktop app it was caused by having local resources set to the controlling PC rather than the one I was connectiong to.

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines