April 19, 2024, 08:09:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Does anyone use the KL Mk II for live WITHOUT A COMPUTER??  (Read 1163 times)

bjamin9

Does anyone use the KL Mk II for live WITHOUT A COMPUTER??
« on: April 21, 2020, 03:21:31 am »
Greetings!

I have been trying for a long time to work in my KL MkII with a few synths.

All I want to do is the following.  (Yes, I've tried reading the manual and even printed it out for easier reading and access...)

Here's what I want to do:
Using a Korg M3 module on chan 1
and a Roland Boutique on Chan 2.

I want to setup volume control using sliders 1 and 2 respectively for the modules.
I also want to setup a program change for each module and be able to alter it when I wish.

Most of the things "I" do are not computer oriented on a live performance.
I usually use a workstation (Kurzweil) for other things, but I thought I could streamline my setup a bit with the KL MkII.

I would also like to setup various patch changes from the pads and have them in different colors.

Yes, I have been TRYING to use the MCC that Arturia put out, but again, that's not easy.

Just looking for the easiest way for someone to describe this to me on HOW to do this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

bjamin9

LBH

Re: Does anyone use the KL Mk II for live WITHOUT A COMPUTER??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 04:24:48 pm »
FYI then i don't have a Arturia controller yet.

There is also a manual for Midi Control Center.
What is it that is'nt easy? Have you tried to set the midi channel for a individual control?
You can change midi channels on Keylab.

Which Midi CCs does your synths use for volume? Please consult each instruments manual to see if and how you can control the things you wan't, and how to assigne midi CC.

You can only send program change messages with the pads. What do you exspect to be able to do?

I assume you know how to connect things.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines