March 29, 2024, 06:31:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transport Integration Issue - Ableton  (Read 1428 times)

Bennet

Transport Integration Issue - Ableton
« on: April 20, 2020, 04:06:11 pm »
Hey everyone,
i can't find a solution for my transport integration problem in the forum.
When I map the midi cc to the transport pads, i get a stuck problem (tried different ccs with same problem). so it seems like a mid loop. sending and receiving endless starts and stops which i only can stop by clicking on the midi button in ableton.

the problem is quite similar here:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87232.msg129619#msg129619

please help and thanks in advance

postmixformula

• Apprentice
Re: Transport Integration Issue - Ableton
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 05:45:22 am »
I'm getting exactly the same issue.

My reason for wanting to do this, is so that the 'Capture MIDI' feature in Ableton is active; this feature drops off if the BSP is master

I've tried different midi channels - I've managed to isolate it to mapping the 'stop' button; once the 'stop' button is introduced I get the issue. [edit] If I map only the BSP 'play' button to the 'stop' transport in Ableton, I get the same issue when I play Ableton from GUI

I have latest BSP Firmware - 2.0.1
Ableton is current version - 10.1.9

I've attached a pic of my Ableton Midi Preferences
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 05:59:14 am by postmixformula »

jsbeckr

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 04:06:15 pm »
This is super frustrating. I'm having the exact same issue and the worst thing is that the tutorial video suggests the exact mapping of the transports.

I'm wondering if anybody uses BSP as a clock slave or if my unit is somehow broken.  ???

Could we get somebody from Arturia to look at this question?

whileman

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 06:02:41 pm »
+1 for this issue here!
Getting the same loop of start / stop messages here.

Kykus

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 09:16:32 am »
Sorry for digging out an old thread, but I have been trying to solve this for a year now and I'm stumped.
Has anyone found a way to solve this?

Digital Larry

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 05:10:04 pm »
My BSP experience with Ableton continues to baffle me.

I gave up having BSP be the clock master and instead I let Ableton send sync over USB.

I just want to use the BSP to enter parts (especially using the "randomize" bit is very helpful to generate more interesting tracks from a 4-bar section).  Then I want to record those into Ableton for further arrangement/manipulation.

I can get it to work about half of the time.  I'll be working on something, everything's working OK then all of a sudden the BSP appears to not be able to trigger sounds any more in Ableton.  The MIDI IN activity light blinks but nothing gets down to the tracks that were just working a minute ago.  The buttons don't trigger sounds either.  In this scenario if I power cycle the BSP then the pads trigger sounds again, but playback doesn't work.

I'm going to have to go back to my template Live project which I know works and then just record the screen while I'm working on it to see where things go wrong.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines