April 24, 2024, 08:32:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Certain keys don't work in ableton  (Read 3848 times)

gaber1999

Certain keys don't work in ableton
« on: April 18, 2020, 06:46:58 pm »
Hello,

I basically have the same issue listed here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92687.0

Keys A#1, B1, C2 C#2, A4 don't work in ableton, regardless of which map I have selected. They work fine when I run Analog Lab 4 on its own, but when I use ableton, they don't work. Like the previous user, I also have two 'control surfaces' for the Keylab essential in my Preferences --> MIDI, and I see the guidance from the last post:

"Try to delete the first slot. Only the DAW In/Out ports should be used for the control surface script. It should solve the issue I think."

Unfortunately, not sure what this means. The 'dump' button is grayed out, and when I tried to just make the first row all blank, the controller stopped controlling Ableton at all until I closed and restarted. Can you walk me step by step to how I can get these 4 keys to work?

Thank you. Cheers.

LBH

Re: Certain keys don't work in ableton
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 07:59:41 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Why don't you post in the other thread you link and refere to, when the problem is the same?

Perhaps it will help, if you post a screenshot of your Live preferences.

EDIT: BTW: you don't need to "dump" to remove a control surface. Just set the slots to "None".
If you are on Windows then use the MIDI2 options as in and out for the DAW control surface setup. On a MAC use the DAW in and out options. EDIT END
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:10:42 pm by LBH »

RobbyR

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 11:14:27 pm »
I just purchased an Arturia Keylab 88 Essential and had the same issue. I.E. certain keys not working in Ableton Live. After much research and trial I Found The Answer. See https://www.arturia.com/faq/keylabessential/keylab-essential-tips-tricks.
 The bottom line is on Windows Computers you must select "Arturia Keylab Essential Port 2" not just "Arturia Keylab Essential". Making this one change instantly fixed my problem. I hope this helps others not have to do all the painstaking research and time wasted in finding the problem. See attached screenshot

CoolKeyz

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 08:29:32 pm »
Dude I literally created my account to say THANK YOU! Ive been trying to fix this for like the last 2 days. I was almost ready to return my controller lol, thanks!!

Socalledsin

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 03:23:46 am »
OMG thank you! I was about to give up.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines