March 28, 2024, 05:37:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DIY Matrixbrute lamp project  (Read 1645 times)

Processaurus

DIY Matrixbrute lamp project
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:10:08 am »
Here's a 3D printed lamp project made for our synth, to light up the knobs in groovy dim studios and stages. It uses an RGB strip of LEDs you can change the color of. Got the idea from a fancy Allen & Heath mixer that has a built in lamp you can change the color of.

Free to download here at Thingiverse. Free for private or commercial use. Have fun!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4293044

endreola

Re: DIY Matrixbrute lamp project
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 11:47:26 am »
Cool.  Did something similar using a LED light bar strip that is narrow and fits within a long 1/4" aluminum U-Channel.  Kind of hard to tell from the pic but is sandwiched between upper tier stand and keyboard.

EDIT: fixed an issue with pic.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:09:32 pm by endreola »

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 12:37:45 pm »
Sweet!

Processaurus

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 06:18:52 am »
Cool.  Did something similar using a LED light bar strip that is narrow and fits within a long 1/4" aluminum U-Channel.  Kind of hard to tell from the pic but is sandwiched between upper tier stand and keyboard.

EDIT: fixed an issue with pic.

Nice, I made 2 versions already, but I think I'd design it around a squarish U shaped channel if I were to do it over a third time. Despite the extra pieces the round pipe has the unintended benefit that it can be rotated easily for different tilts. Might try a universal version for other keyboards that mounts on a stand or something. The LED strips work with synths nicely, being a narrow, long section of knobs to light up.

Pulled back from making it a mega project, but was daydreaming about using an arduino to change the colors of the strip, from the midi CC's of the knob positions. Like a color organ, but it would react to the knob positions. Or have the color change from program change messages, like each patch has a color.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines