April 17, 2024, 12:30:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain Pitch Centre  (Read 1191 times)

Jivetalker

Sustain Pitch Centre
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:11:01 pm »
Hi there

Sorry this is probably a noob question - I have just received my new Keylab 88mkII but I am having trouble figuring out the sustain pedal.

I am using an M-Gear pedal.

When the pedal is pressed in Piano V2 (it appears to be working ok with the Wurley and Vox), the pitch centre information appears on the workstation screen with '400 hz', when I press the sustain pedal it moves to 480hz therefore changing the pitch and not holding the notes....sustaining....the same happens when using piano mode in the Analogue Lab software.

I am guessing I am doing something daft but any help on the matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Andy

LBH

Re: Sustain Pitch Centre
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 09:34:09 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I think perhaps Arturia have made a mistake so the sustain pedal is'nt assigned correct in Piano V2.

Please consult the Piano V manual section "3.5. MIDI Learn assignment" and see if Piano V2s sustain pedal is assigned MIDI CC#64.

If the pedal is'nt assigned then please assign it like explained in the Piano V manual section "3.5.1. Assigning / unassigning controls".
When in MIDI learn mode, then click on Piano V2s sustain pedal and then step on your hardware pedal to assign it.

Jivetalker

Re: Sustain Pitch Centre
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 11:30:22 pm »
Thank you so much. The pitch was indeed set to the same midi as the sustain.....however I am not sure which midi to assign the pitch shift now! Not that it matters as I’d usually only use the wheel.

Thank you once again for the quick response

Andy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines