April 26, 2024, 07:08:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Global Transpose?  (Read 7891 times)

al80

Global Transpose?
« on: April 16, 2020, 05:08:29 pm »
hello.i really like the keystep pro so far but i cant find anywhere how to global transpose all 4 sequences at the same time or transpose them via external keyboard.is this feature available?i checked midi control center but did not find anything related.this was a common function at the original keystep and BSP as well..i hope it is just me.thanks
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:49:25 pm by al80 »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: GLOBAL TRANSPOSE?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 03:25:18 pm »
Hi,
As one of the testers i asked for this feature a while ago and arturia do plan to add this feature but it was not added before release. maybe
Seb can answer this too.

There are many feature still to be added still.

regards
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

al80

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 10:41:00 am »
thanks for the reply. i really dont get why they did not include this feature at the new keystep pro.i have a setup where i transpose my beatstep and my original keystep via  external keyboard at the same time and i thought that the new keystep would work that way too...i think this is a must feature.maybe someone from arturia can share his thoughts with us about this matter.

al80

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 10:53:56 am »
it is funny because arturia "in a way" states that this is a KSP feature if anybody watch the presentation video .
the guy at the video is triggering a global transpose at 1:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXTBUaazrV4&feature=emb_title

CH7

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 03:09:07 pm »
Once again Arturia does not believe in a transpose function as most people would imagine it to work.

Like the keystep, the Pro allows sequences and arpeggios to be transposed whilst they are playing, but has no function to transpose the keyboard, except in octaves. With the word 'transposed' prominently stencilled on their products, this leads to a false impression of what that feature does.

This is ironic given the kinds of people who will be attracted to these mini-keyboards. The true Pros will go to full size keyboards. Its the beginners who'll set their sights on these controllers.

al80

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 06:24:25 pm »
hi.i know that the ksp will transpose sequences  like the original but it wont traspose all the tracks-sequences at the same time .you need to do that on each track seperately.beatstep also is working very good with the transpose and will transpose all tracks at the same time.my initial thought about ksp was that it is something between original keystep and beatstep pro.maybe that is not the case because ksp is missing  features and functions  from both.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:28:55 pm by al80 »

collincrowe

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 08:23:19 pm »
Really need this feature or I’m gonna return mine

al80

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 08:27:49 pm »
Really need this feature or I’m gonna return mine
yes i was thinking the same....lets hope for an update

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 09:21:13 am »
Hello.

We are currently working on this feature and hope to be able to implement it in an update very soon.

Best regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

al80

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 11:59:52 am »
Hello.

We are currently working on this feature and hope to be able to implement it in an update very soon.

Best regards

Edouard
thanks ,that is good to know.i hope you add the option "transpose from external keyboard"  at the midi control center as well.like the beatstep
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:02:30 pm by al80 »

fvwelsh

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 11:13:47 am »
Beatstep Pro has "transpose link" so I assumed it would be on the KSP.   I have one on preorder with Sweetwater, but I'm cancelling it until the feature is implemented.  I'll just stay with my Beatstep Pro for now.  Major bummer.  Glad I found out before it arrived.  Any idea how long until this feature is added? 

collincrowe

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 12:01:09 pm »
+1 is there an eta on firmware?

ArcticDisco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 03:44:57 am »
How do I transpose a held arpeggio?

al80

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 12:22:55 pm »
How do I transpose a held arpeggio?
just discovered that you cant transpose arp on keystep pro.....
you can transpose sequences if you hold the trans button and hold a key on the ksp but it does not working on arp.another missing feature from the old keystep

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 11:02:03 am »
Hey.

We are going to release an update this week or next week, but mainly to bring bug fixes. (We wish to get rid of most of the annoying bugs before adding new features)
This feature won't be available this week but most likely in the next update or the forthcoming one.

Kind regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines