March 28, 2024, 09:52:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 8  (Read 9691 times)

MarkBog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V Collection 8
« on: April 16, 2020, 04:27:41 am »
Seems to be about that time.  Any news?

Csaba

Re: V Collection 8
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 10:09:44 pm »
What do you think when will be out v8? Imho within 4 months.

phatmann

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 03:06:49 pm »
Apparently it is out...in another universe...see image below.

When I try to add this to my cart it works! So it must be around the corner.

And I hope that is not the actual upgrade price :-(

gruuv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 07:21:43 pm »
GREAT!
you are not able to download V Collection 8. Arturia Software Center is Offline (that's what it says after idling for some moments) and the provided download page goes into page not found error.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 09:49:44 pm »
Seems like the servers are overloaded  Asc is not connecting
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

djerzinski

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 07:03:10 am »
I couldn't find the new Jupiter update in the ASC, so I grabbed the demo file on the site. When I launch it in my DAW, it still thinks it's a demo and absent from my account. Is it normal?

djerzinski

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 08:07:45 am »
The few VST I was able to update had some issues with GUI:
- You can't use the arrows to browse the presets on the main screen (this, I couldn't reproduce everytime, but it happened to me twice already)
- When you open the setting panel, it doesn't display correctly and you have to resize to have access to the button to close the panel (half of it is gone).
- Overall, the plugin feel sluggish compared to before
At first, I was glad to hear about these updates, but now I feel bummed about this.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 02:10:01 pm by djerzinski »

djedgoes

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 10:15:14 am »
I only bought V Collection 7 LESS than a month ago.
Now I can upgrade to V Collection 8 in a "SPECIAL PRICE FOR ONLY 199 EURO" ????? >:( >:( >:( >:(
Do you think I'm crazy or money grows on trees ? ??? ???

djerzinski

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 02:05:37 pm »
I still wasn't able to update my stuff, either by downloading the demos or through the ASC (it stays stuck at 40%). I'm sorry to say that but the whole thing makes Arturia look really bad.
I can't imagine being someone who grabbed the V7 collection few weeks ago just to learn that they're stuck with the old Jup8 unless they spit more money. I don't need new toys, but I would have really appreciated having the Jup8 upgrade. I always found the old one underwhelming and probably the worst VST in the collection along with the Prophet.

JuanMico

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 03:44:45 pm »
I couldn't find the new Jupiter update in the ASC, so I grabbed the demo file on the site. When I launch it in my DAW, it still thinks it's a demo and absent from my account. Is it normal?
Yes, the Jupiter has gone up a version number, so it's a paid upgrade.

Also having trouble here with the ASC stuck doing nothing...

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 04:22:46 pm »
Charging for a point upgrade is new...  not 'normal'.  Only seen it once or twice in the past (Piano V, and Analog Lab IIRC).  Not happy about it, and hoping that Arturia reconsiders that model.  It would be great to get the Jupiter 8 upgraded version.  Otherwise.. V3 will sit on the sidelines, unused here.. until the next V Collection $99 upgrade price drop.

Yes, the Jupiter has gone up a version number, so it's a paid upgrade.

Also having trouble here with the ASC stuck doing nothing...

LBH

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 06:07:00 pm »
@djerzinski

New uninstalled releases, that you don't own, should be seen under "Explore Products" in ASC.

Perhaps your ASC have'nt updated itself. If it have'nt, then i suggest you download the new ASC installer from the download pages and install it. After doing that i would think, that downloading and installing through ASC should work.

JuanMico

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 06:12:12 pm »
Charging for a point upgrade is new...  not 'normal'.  Only seen it once or twice in the past (Piano V, and Analog Lab IIRC).  Not happy about it, and hoping that Arturia reconsiders that model.  It would be great to get the Jupiter 8 upgraded version.  Otherwise.. V3 will sit on the sidelines, unused here.. until the next V Collection $99 upgrade price drop.
I don't know what's normal and what isn't, as V Collection 7 was my first one. But apparently it's got a completely new sound engine. Not justifying the upgrade price by any means, but it really seems like a substantial upgrade to me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:15:25 pm by JuanMico »

lunker

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 07:07:51 pm »
Success! (finally ...)

Spent most of yesterday and this morning facing issues getting ASC to connect to the Arturia servers, and when it did, it wouldn't give me the updates.  :(

Just tried again, and ASC updated itself and all the new stuff installed correctly.  I'm happy again :)
Best Regards, Ernie "lunker" Lundqvist
V Collection 5/6/7/8/9, Pigments, FX Collection 1/2/3
MiniLab mkII
REAPER (non commercial license)
BDSM (Bad Dog Studio Musicians)

lunker

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 01:02:09 am »
Is anybody else finding that in the new GUIs the buttons to step back and forth between presets are not displaying?  The buttons work (if you know where to click), but the buttons (or arrows or whatever) aren't displaying on my system.  The same for the button (X) that closes the right-hand tutorial window frame.

Also, all my VSTi from VC7 updated except CS-80.  In the ASC, there is a note that says "The latest update requires Win 8.1+ 64 bit".  Well, I'm running 64-bit Windows 10, so it looks like it should have updated.

I'm about to file a ticket, but thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone else has these problems.
Best Regards, Ernie "lunker" Lundqvist
V Collection 5/6/7/8/9, Pigments, FX Collection 1/2/3
MiniLab mkII
REAPER (non commercial license)
BDSM (Bad Dog Studio Musicians)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines