March 28, 2024, 11:32:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Intonation of OSC3 out  (Read 1607 times)

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
Intonation of OSC3 out
« on: April 13, 2020, 05:40:24 pm »
Cant seem to get the intonation of OSC3 right. A tune doesn't help. Octaves are still out, not much but enough to be wrong.
It should be in tune right? Might have always been like this. I checked it on a strobe tuner after thinking it sounded out.
How is yours? I need that sine wave!

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
Re: Intonation of OSC3 out
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 02:07:30 pm »
So how is the intonation on your OSC3? Is there something else I need to do other than tune like normal? I guess I should put in a support request. I have replaced it with the sine from the sub of OSC1 and it sounds in tune, OSC3 not in tune. If I tune the root note the intonation is out the further you get away from it.

TCA

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 02:20:02 pm »
Intonation on my unit is fine.

However, was triggered by your statement "If I tune the root note the intonation is out the further you get away from it".
Is it possible that you don't have the "Kbd Track" button engaged in the "VCO 3 - LFO 3" section? This would keep VCO 3 at a fixed frequency and hence the intonation out the further away you get from the tuned root note.

SingleCell

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 10:39:04 pm »
The intonation on my MB is not perfect.  Over 3+ octaves it is noticeable.  Usually if I set the tuning to 'Beat' in a pleasing way at the top end of the notes I aim to play, the lower notes sound close enough... but it depends on the patch, and the desired sound.

You CAN alter the intonation by routing Kbd / Seq to the offending oscillator's pitch and tweaking it.  If it's OSC 3 you are adjusting, you might also need to route a voltage offset to the pitch (using one of the Macro Knobs) since OSC 3 does not have a Fine Tune control.
You might have to go back and forth between adjusting the Kbd /Seq to Pitch (with a high note held) and the Pitch Offset (with a lower note held) to get it just right. 

On mine just now, for example, in order to get Osc 3 to track better against Osc 2, I set Macro 1 to +50.  With Kbd / Seq > Osc 3 Pitch at +8 and Macro 1 > Osc 3 Pitch at -8, they are pretty damn close all the way up the keyboard.

EDIT: I should add that, in duo-split mode, it's a little more complicated than that.  The Kbd / Seq in the mod matrix follows whichever side of the split has OSC 1 assigned to it... so trying to match OSC 3 to OSC 2 with my method won't work if OSC 1 is on the other side of the keyboard split.  You'd want to pair OSC 1 and 3 together, and have OSC 2 on the other side.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:12:56 am by SingleCell »

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 11:52:12 am »
Intonation on my unit is fine.

However, was triggered by your statement "If I tune the root note the intonation is out the further you get away from it".
Is it possible that you don't have the "Kbd Track" button engaged in the "VCO 3 - LFO 3" section? This would keep VCO 3 at a fixed frequency and hence the intonation out the further away you get from the tuned root note.
Ha no kbd Track is on. So over three octaves OSC3 is bang on for you? How many cents difference do you see?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines