March 28, 2024, 12:31:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wrong Keyboard in Midi Control Center (Keylab Essential 61)  (Read 3093 times)

Momonga

Wrong Keyboard in Midi Control Center (Keylab Essential 61)
« on: April 13, 2020, 04:30:54 pm »
Hi there,
Recently got an Keylab Essential 61 to use with Ableton. Whenever I open the Midi Control Center I often get the Failed to Open the Device. Please verify the device is not in use by another application. But what's weird is that I have the 61 key version but Midi Control is opening up the 88 key version. When I open up Analogue Lab 4 either standalone or as a VST in Abelton it'll show me the normal one. Ever since I started trying to use Midi Control Center I seem to be having a harder and harder time controlling Ableton using the Keyboard. I have tried re-installing Midi Control Center but to no avail. Hope someone can help with this. Should I re-install everything. Analogue lab and Arturia Software Center?
Cheers
Momonga

LBH

Re: Wrong Keyboard in Midi Control Center (Keylab Essential 61)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 05:54:45 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I don't have a Arturia controller.

In Midi Control Center i can see, that there is only a generel Essential setup. I'm not sure you will see your excactly. I believe the differences is only about the keyboard. But i can't tell for sure.

I guess, the error messages you get can be if you have a DAW or another music application like Analog Lab and others open.

Keep in mind, that this forum is'nt official Arturia support, even if they sometime answer here. I suggest you contact Arturia support through your account, if needed.

Momonga

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 12:56:31 am »
Thanks for the reply.
I had noticed that as well. It just seemed strange that when I watched one of the Arturia videos and in that demo it seemed like the Midi Control Centre had recognised the keyboard as a 61 rather than an 88.
https://youtu.be/cBsmMtVNbpE
But it doesn't seem like a big deal.
I think you're right about the error messages. When I change the Midi settings in Ableton preferences I don't get the error messages. I think I must have created a midi conflict with the settings I had. I guess I need to learn more about midi pathways etc.
If I can't work out our I'll get in touch with Support.
Cheers again.

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 03:56:23 pm »
I know that to use MCC, you have to stop other software using the controller (like Analog Lab or any of the V collection emulators) - Why?  I don't know.  They should have allowed the other devices to use the controller with MCC as well.

As for showing the wrong keyboard, I mentioned it to Arturia and they said it was normal.  Only the listing itself is correct.

videoluvr

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 12:49:31 am »
I also have the wrong keyboard showing in MCC.

mkochsch

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 05:34:19 pm »
Me too. Issue still not fixed in early 2023, and they just did an update. Functionally it works but just looks bush league.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines