April 20, 2024, 02:59:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Korg Electribe 2 as slave - sequencing befuddlement  (Read 1507 times)

jon.miles.taylor

Korg Electribe 2 as slave - sequencing befuddlement
« on: April 12, 2020, 06:04:08 pm »
Hi all, I've had a trawl through the forums to determine if this has previously been covered and couldn't find anything that was specifically answering this, so your help is needed please;

I'm trying to set up my recently acquired Beatstep Pro to be the master to my Electribe 2. I do this via midi cable, and can get the Electribe to respond appropriately to the BSP transport functions. However, the pads on the BSP do not correspond to the pads on the Electribe. Instead, they seem to pick one of the sounds on one of the Electribe pads, and then spread that same sound over the BSP pads in different octaves. This prevents me from using the BSP as a sequencer for the Electribe.
My knowledge of midi is limited so this may be a simple solution that is escaping me. IS this something done via the MCC software?

Many Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon

jon.miles.taylor

Re: Korg Electribe 2 as slave - sequencing befuddlement -SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 02:48:28 pm »
OK, after doing some more playing this morning I believe I have solved the issue. And when I say "issue" I mean it was essentially user-error/naivety.

For the benefit of other inexperienced sequencers out there, here's what I had to do:

One has to make some changes within Midi Control Centre. Namely, the  Drum Map section within Device Settings. On the "Custom" setting, I changed all the values to "60" which matches the Electribe pad pitches. Then the Pad midi channels need to be changed to 9, 10...16, and then 1, 2...8 sequentially. The BSP pads then correspond to the Electribe Pads and you can sequence via the BSP (as long as one clears the patterns in the Electribe). Then I saved the preset. Bosh.

You learn something (several things) new every day...

CH7

• Apprentice
Re: Korg Electribe 2 as slave - sequencing befuddlement
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 07:12:28 pm »
Thanks for posting this. 

I found the obselete instructions https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85594.0 to do this with the old beatstep.
this is from 2015 when it could only be done via another device, programmed to translate midi channel into note valves.

The fact that Arturia has this as a feature of their controller program, is a wonderful surprise. I hope someone post a vid on Youtube showing this in operation, as it seems the same technique would apply to the Volca Beats range.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines