April 20, 2024, 02:08:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI clock twice as fast as DAW?  (Read 1609 times)

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
MIDI clock twice as fast as DAW?
« on: April 12, 2020, 05:43:00 pm »
So I have done a search but ended up posting. Why is MXB sync from the DAW twice as fast? What have I done? Been through everything on on the Midi control centre I can think of. Tempo is still showing 352BPM! Should be half of that.

This happened before but I can remember how it was fixed :/

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: MIDI clock twice as fast as DAW?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 08:14:09 pm »
The only thing I can think of is the "Sync Clock In/Out Setting", which has "24ppq" and "48ppq" settings (in addition to "1 Step" and "1 Pulse"). This setting is for the sync in/out jacks and not for MIDI clock - but hey, why not try them just in case....

endreola

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 10:13:01 pm »
Another thought is if the patch is in using the Sequencer, Arpeggiator (or combo Matrix Arpeggiator mode) then try selecting a lower note value button, (e.g. 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32).

EDIT: It won’t fix the issue but possibly may provide a work-around.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:25:14 pm by endreola »

Processaurus

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 07:11:46 am »
Midi clock going twice as fast is usually the same problem- two copies of the midi clock coming in from two sources. Might be there is something slaved to the clock that also repeats the clock out of its MIDI out, and both this and the original clock from the DAW these get sent out to the Matrixbrute.

It doesn’t seem to be in the manual but it seems like the MxB only sends MIDI clock when it is set to its own, internal clock. If that is true then the double midi clocks wouldn’t be the result of a midi feedback loop with the MxB’s own midi getting repeated back to itself, from the daw.

Processaurus

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 07:16:50 am »
The sync clock in settings should only be affecting the little 3.5mm “Sync” input, the analog clock input. should not affect midi clock sync, unless there is a terrible bug. Midi clock itself is standardized to 24 ticks per quarter note.

One way the double clock signals could happen is the DAW is sending clock out to several ports, but two of these are being merged in the computer or midi interface, before the midi heads out to the MxB.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 05:35:33 pm »
Thanks for the replies everyone turns out thankfully its not the MxB. Weirdly the problem is this. I send out MIDI clock on one port to the MxB and it works fine. But if I add another MIDI clock going to a DIFFERENT port the MxB somehow get the idea to go twice as fast. I deleted the whole MIDI environment in Logic, put it back together and it is still like that. Maybe a problem with my 8 channel MIDI interface setup.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines