March 28, 2024, 12:19:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Please, Fix Legato notes or make it possible to set the Gate to 100%  (Read 1305 times)

rombie

• Apprentice
Right now it is not possible to program legato notes using a sequencer, despite the fact that this functionality is described in the manual. It only works when notes have different pitch, but if you try to program the same notes the sequencer will always tie them.

And since we don't have an option to set the Gate to 100% there is always a gap between the chords/notes.

i'm sure it is a little oversight/bug and it could be fixed.

EDIT: Another possible solution is to give us an option to set the gate to 100%
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 04:19:45 am by rombie »

masi

Re: Please, Fix Legato notes or make it possible to set the Gate to 100%
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 11:11:14 am »
Actually it is possible to set the gate to 100% or any other value. You have to send sysex messages to get them:

See https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=101495.0

Note that the synth will restart any envelope for the note so you will probably will not get what you want. Or is this what you mean by a legato with the same pitch?

Masi

rombie

• Apprentice
Re: Please, Fix Legato notes or make it possible to set the Gate to 100%
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 04:19:08 am »
I just realized that I misunderstood the whole legato thing. Sorry for that. Nothing needs to be fixed! The keystep sequencer is really amazing!

The problem for me was the gate settings. I just want to get rid of this little 10% gap between notes. it is quite noticeable when i try to sequence some plucky/stuttering chords.

Thank you so much, Masi! Would be nice if you could set the gate to full 100% directly from the keyboard, but your solution works fine for me.  :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 04:57:52 am by rombie »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines