March 28, 2024, 10:03:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: beginner's plan of attack  (Read 3268 times)

yeiter

• Apprentice
Re: beginner's plan of attack
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 02:38:19 am »
yeah for the moment, as long as i have live open and have a piano sound up at bat, everything works...I had this same experience with digital cameras when I was learning how to use them...if I had the camera set to RAW only, I would not be able to shoot multiple exposures cuz the camera would only do that in jpg mode...took me a while to figure it out however.  I must have some setting messed up in Live that I will have to Dick Tracy down, although an easy fix is still welcomed...it used to work when i first got this last week.  I did have an issue with the reverse polarity but vaguely remembered something about pulling the sustain plug out and popping it back in to correct that. 

LBH

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 03:05:15 am »
it does not make sense to me but i opened up live and opened up a piano and the sustain worked...then I went back to piano V and now the sustain works there.  if I close out of live I lose the sustain????
In the standalone Piano V2 can you check if your Sustain pedal Midi CC 64 is assigned to Piano Vs Sustain pedal.
Please consult the Piano V manual section "3.5. MIDI Learn assignment".

If the pedal is'nt assigned then please assign it like explained in the Piano V manual section "3.5.1. Assigning / unassigning controls".

yeiter

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 04:05:38 am »
excellent!!!!!!!....It took a while to figure out,,,initially it told me that the sustain pedal was "unassigned" but there did not seem to be clear instructions on how to assign it ...until by accident I hit the sustain pedal and BINGO.   the sustain now works in analog 4 as well now.  phew...thank you so so much!! 

LBH

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 01:46:53 pm »
Well done.

Your welcome.

It sounds like, you are moving fast forward. :)

yeiter

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 08:09:01 pm »
I am at the short end of my lifes yardstick with no time to lose...this is a dream I have held for decades, to be able to compose and record   - and finally, for me, there is this keylab keyboard along with the most amazing software sounds etc. all for under $1000.  Crazy.  Of course it helps that we can not work or go anywhere really...had a trip planned for Moab Utah to go biking with my son, even bought a cheap mountain bike to get my ass in shape...now on hold.  Have been tempted to throw the bike in the car and make the 30 hour drive, and if this c rap keeps up, I might still do it.

Thank you thank you thank you...as in the  world of digital photography, I am finding like minded souls who are ready to help me get a leg up on things.  peace!
warmly
yeiter

LBH

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2020, 11:19:54 pm »
That bike trip sounds great. Fortunately i'm able to do outdoor stuff on a daily basis. That's important to me.

Enjoy your new stuff.

Peace.
Best LBH

HummerHealey

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2020, 10:48:25 am »
Do you use a Mac or PC?

mac...and right now I can not figure out how to get my sustain pedal working again!!...help!!

Hi, then, Looking at what you want to do, start with Garageband. That has a quite low learning curve and contains 1000’s of loops that can be just dragged on to a track. Also the drummer feature is quite powerfull but simple to use. Disadvantage is the integration with the Keylab Mk2, or rather the absence thereof.

ilona.maki@gmail.com

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 10:44:29 pm »
Hello-

I have a similar problem. I acquired an Arturia Keylab Mkii 61 awhile ago. I am very happy about the number and quality of sounds.

However, I have had problems trying to record with the Mkii on Studio one 4.6..

Is there something I've missed? The answer, I hope, is easy. Please give some thoughts or hints, if you can  :o

LBH

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 11:15:00 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums ilona.

The solution is in the thread but with Studio One instead of Live. Don't you think so?

However, I have had problems trying to record with the Mkii on Studio one 4.6..
What excactly do you mean by that?

How have you set up the Keylab MKII in Studio One?
You shall set it up both as a Keyboard and as a Mackie control in Studio One/ Options/ External Devices. Have you done that? Can you post screenshots of the 2 setups?

yeiter

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2020, 05:27:03 pm »
Hey someone hijacked my post!!!   Ilona, I have no idea what to suggest given your software but I am finding that the answers are there but it takes time and patience to understand how all of this works together.  At least for Ableton Live Lite, there are tons of video tutorials that detail how to approach recording etc....I got caught up in another work project and have simply not had the time to go thru them yet, but will this weekend.  Hoping that I can figure it out.  In the meanwhile, the Arturia keyboard with software has been a delight to play!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines