March 29, 2024, 01:39:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset increment in Logic Pro X  (Read 1241 times)

LarsUK

• Apprentice
Preset increment in Logic Pro X
« on: April 07, 2020, 12:04:39 pm »
Hi all,

New here.
I am looking for a way to inc/dec preset from my (computer) keyboard in Analog Lab/V Collection plugins.
With other Logic plugins, I have it mapped to the + and - keys but doesn't seem to work with Arturia...
Any idea how it can be done? I don't have an Arturia controller and not planning to buy as I use a synth as master keyboard.

Thanks

LBH

Re: Preset increment in Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 05:34:59 pm »
Hi,

When you are in Browser view and select a preset with your mouse, then you can use your computer keyboards up/ down arrows to step through presets.
You can also assign controller buttons to the applications top panel preset select buttons.

Is this what you mean?

LarsUK

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 03:32:30 pm »
Hi, yes it works in preset browser, but was wondering if it could work from the main window (when you just have the preset selection bar at the top of the plugin) like for other Logic plugins.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 05:11:40 pm »
Plugins that have advanced preset browser systems do not automaticly appear in a DAWs plugin window. A DAW may offer some functionality to do something, but in that case it will not work like the applications own system, and it'll be something you'll have to create.

A DAWs own plugins can't be compared to third party plugins.

Do you have any third party plugins with advanced preset browser system, that work like you wish? If so - please give an example.

LarsUK

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 06:41:53 pm »
ok good to know.
And no I don't have example with other plugins as apart from Arturia, I mainly using Logic's own.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines