March 29, 2024, 12:55:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroFreak unresponsive display shows only Pitch Bend  (Read 1702 times)

100goals

MicroFreak unresponsive display shows only Pitch Bend
« on: March 22, 2020, 06:23:13 am »
Hi all,

I had some time to play with my Micro Freak for the first time in a couple months which is stored in the original box in a drawer in my desk, but when I turned it on I only hear a warbling sine wave. The display shows the 'Pitch Bend' moving erratically from the middle position to some random spot on the right side (12) of center 5 or so times a second. The keyboard, buttons and dials are generally unresponsive, but after about a min, when I turned dials like Type, Wave' Timbre, etc, the sound would change to match the new value. Also the display changes to the match the updated button or dial input and new value (like voice or chords) for a split second, but returns to the fluttering Pitch Bend display. Only changing the dials and buttons effect the sound, the keyboard notes and items in squares above the keys (and pitch bend bar itself) remain completely unresponsive.

I couldn't find a way to do a soft reset by holding some button or dial down while powering up the unit, or anything like that, but I was able to update the firmware with the MIDI Control Center software but updating the firmware had no effect on the stuck Pitch Bend.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and could propose a solution?

100goals

Re: MicroFreak unresponsive display shows only Pitch Bend
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 06:33:25 am »
Hi again everyone.
After I completed this post I tried switching out the USB cable I was using to power the unit and that fixed the problem.
Instead of deleting my post I figured I should reply with my solution and leave it incase someone else had the same problem and was unable to find a solution.
Mat 

martindj1

Re: MicroFreak unresponsive display shows only Pitch Bend
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 12:17:36 am »
I had the same problem, and solved it by using the USB for power inside of plugging it in with the AC adapter.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines