March 29, 2024, 08:44:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key Commands / Shortcuts Request  (Read 3895 times)

Aron_W

• Apprentice
Key Commands / Shortcuts Request
« on: April 04, 2020, 02:32:03 pm »
Hi,
Am I missing something really obvious here or is there really no key commands within the stand alone or plug versions of the V Collection and Spark 2? On a good day I hate using my mouse and avoid using it as much as possible instead using key commands for navigating other software and my OS. It's waaaaaay quicker.
I'm just suprised there isn't like "command/control N" for new preset, "command/control S or shift S" for saving. Or using the arrows for next preset or even further a keyboard shortcut for marking a favourite.
I've been using the "heart" where possible so I know which sounds to come back to but I'm finding it pretty time consuming to scroll and click each preset I like. Like "command f" for favourite or something to that effect? I've got 16 more of your product's libraries to go through and I'm trying not to spend all my free time doing admin. Ha!
Just thought it would be a useful tool to add more key commands to this gorgeous and powerful collection of synths. Seems like an oversite. Would be nice to not rely on the slow mouse action.

Thanks,
A

LBH

Re: Key Commands / Shortcuts Request
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 08:28:26 pm »
FYI: When you are in Browser view and select a preset with your mouse, then you can use your computer keyboards up/ down arrows to step through presets.
You can also assign controller buttons to the applications top panel preset select buttons.
It all can and does work in both standalone and plugin mode.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 09:54:29 am »
In addition to using the up and down arrow like LBH says, the whole interface was designed to be operated directly from a Keylab controller, so if you're using one of those, that offers the closest integration between hardware and software.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

basementangel

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 04:47:44 am »
I have the same problem/question/request. There seems to be no shortcut on the Keylab61 mk2. I agree, reaching for my mouse when I am sorting presets, when the sampling and forward and back buttons are available on the controller, is annoying and prevents an efficient rhythm to this long process. i would love to assign a button to "like" but there seems to be no way to do assign that in Analog Lab V even if i wanted to assign custom controls for that software. The Midi Control Center doesn't list that as an optional key command to assign manually before opening Analog Lab V. I have no idea what your other two replies are talking about. If you figured this out, please let me know. I will request that for the next update release. please help me gang up on them. This should be a simple fix. technical.support@arturia.com

codekiln

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 07:32:22 pm »
Came here looking for a way to save a new preset on the fly. If possible, I would love to be able to map "save a new preset" to a button on my controller, so while I'm changing items I can make several snapshots, then flip between them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines