April 24, 2024, 10:25:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia V collection 7 crashes in FL Studio with Kontakt plugin used  (Read 2237 times)

sharath83

• Apprentice
  • Learning music production and piano
Hi all,

From few days i have been working on one contest in FL Studio, and i used 4 libraries under Kontakt and 3 plugins from Arturia V collection. Yesterday when i was continuing with the composition, everytime i open any of the V collection plugin, the plugin does open up, but empty (see through) and FL crashes, the Kontakt plugin loads but not the V collection plugin/s. Several times the FL crashed, i also happened to reinstalled entire V collection, but still the same.

Is this something to do with Kontakt plugin/libraries and Arturia V colection plugins?....I tired with new FL file, it's still same issue.

FL Studio and Arturia i have legit softwares/plugins, and i was using free libraries under Kontakt player. Am just fed up of these issue.

Anyone faced such issues? Any solution here please> I have plans to use those 2 plugins in future, most of the time.

LBH

Re: Arturia V collection 7 crashes in FL Studio with Kontakt plugin used
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 02:09:20 pm »
Hi,

Yes crashes is a pain.

Which Arturia plugins do you use?
Why do you think it's the plugins that causes crashes? Why not the DAW, the OS or something else?

Is your computer RAM full?
Which excact CPU do you use?
How fast is your disk? Is it internal or external, and on which connection?
Which soundcard do you use with which settings?
Just some things i would check.

sharath83

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 04:03:30 pm »
Which Arturia plugins do you use?
In Arturia: CMI V, CS-80 V3, Prophet V3, Mellotron V

Why do you think it's the plugins that causes crashes? Why not the DAW, the OS or something else?
I have used all other plugins together in my other tracks in FL DAW, it's totally fine, but only the Arturia are the ones that make the DAW crash. But am not completely sure if it's Plugins or Windows 10 OS, definitely not the DAW.

Is your computer RAM full?
No - It was just using 4GB or less out of 32 GB RAM

Which excact CPU do you use?
It's new, brought in Feb 2020:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.4 GHz max boost
MoBo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO
Memory: 32 GB - 16 X 2 DDR4 G-Skill Ripjaw 3600 MHz
Graphic card: Radeon RX 580 8GB

How fast is your disk? Is it internal or external, and on which connection?
Samsung SSD 500 GB 860 EVO Internal, not using anyting from external HDD

Which soundcard do you use with which settings?
Steinberg UR242, default settings

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 04:57:02 pm »
It definitely does'nt look like it's a computer specs issue.
I also assume, that you have your computer set to high performance mode and it does'nt shut down USB connections to save power.
I also assume you are fully updated with everything.

I'm not using FL Studio, so i can't say anything about how the plugins work in that.

I also can't tell anything about your Graphics. An issue like this can be related to that in some way.

I suggest you contact Arturia support.
If the issue can be reproduced in certain steps only using Arturias plugins, then it would help Arturia.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:11:09 pm by LBH »

sharath83

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 12:56:08 am »
"I also assume, that you have your computer set to high performance mode and it does'nt shut down USB connections to save power." - Does this have to do anything with the crash?

Arturia i have contacted, they are taking time to resolve it, they had asked to update my graphic card, but the issue is still the same. The support asked me to send more other details i just mailed them.

Here is what i noticed a while ago, this is happening on Fl Studio and Cubase 10 (Windows 10, 64 bit): I have dual monitor, i usually detach the plugins and keep the plugins on 2nd monitor, the V collection when used on 1st monitor, it does not goes blank, when i detach it and move it to 2nd monitor, and select the plugin on 'Channel Rack' (FL), it goes blank, and FL crashes. This issue is only with V collection, not other plugins, i just tested it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:57:48 am by sharath83 »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 02:02:26 am »
"I also assume, that you have your computer set to high performance mode and it does'nt shut down USB connections to save power." - Does this have to do anything with the crash?
I've seen programs crash by the lack of immediately CPU power. It's recommended to use high performance settings for audio work, as real time performance is important. I've mentioned it as a possibility.

Here is what i noticed a while ago, this is happening on Fl Studio and Cubase 10 (Windows 10, 64 bit): I have dual monitor, i usually detach the plugins and keep the plugins on 2nd monitor, the V collection when used on 1st monitor, it does not goes blank, when i detach it and move it to 2nd monitor, and select the plugin on 'Channel Rack' (FL), it goes blank, and FL crashes.
Perhaps i should have mentioned something about this, but i did'nt think you used dual monitors.
I know some DAWs have had problems with plugins, when using 2 monitors. I can't remembere if FL Studio was one. It turned out to be DAW issues. So that may be the case here too, but i can't tell.
Also if you use some high resolution setting in your DAW, then it might be worth it to test different settings, as i know some DAWs have issues with certain settings including with the percentage set in a scale resolution setting. I don't know anything about FL Studio, but if you have a settings to let high resolution be managed by the plugins them selfs, then that perhaps also was worth to try. In any case, then keep in mind, that Arturias plugins, is'nt vector graphic and not fully scaleable. You have certain sizes to choose from.
I guess your issue have to do with something within this. But i can't tell what excactly it is. Perhaps you can find some info about this in imageline FL Studio forum.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines