April 19, 2024, 11:38:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 3D file for printing tailor made tablet stand  (Read 844 times)

Lince Pálido

• Apprentice
  • Home Studio Rider
3D file for printing tailor made tablet stand
« on: December 18, 2022, 10:33:50 pm »
I think it would be amazing if Arturia or someone else provided a 3D file available for printing a tailor made TABLET STAND. It would also be a step ahead providing that file in the downloads section.

I really liked the iPad stand bundled with IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O 25 and 49 keys keyboards.

It was a cheap piece of plastic but it was "priceless to me", being tailor made to suit that keyboard.

The idea is to save space and take advantage of the weight and low profile shape of the Arturia KeyLab MkII keyboard by having a tailor made custom iPad stand.

The stand would be shaped in such a way that it would hold even the biggest iPad but in very little space, a bit above the keyboard controls, but still allowing them to be used, and closer to the user eyes for a magnified view, which would improve a lot the user experience compared to general use iPad or tablet stands.

This idea could be further improved by allowing to have different sizes or being better suited to the left or right side of the keyboard.

I think in some scenarios this would be a really really priceless item, with priceless value for some users like me, and it would be cheaper to print than buying a standard tablet stand or holder, which would also be worse than being able to pick a file and send it to some business to print it, because this is becoming normal from now on.

The same way we use software (virtual instruments) that meet our expectations we could be able to 3D-print the so much NEEDED accessories.

The 3D printing files available for downloading WILL ADD EXTRAORDINARY AND PRICELESS VALUE to the keyboard and Arturia brand the same way OR EVEN MORE than bundled instruments, which are also priceless, and it would cost little to nothing to the brand.

I really hope you make this real, it's easy, it's cheap, and it's better than any other solution.

--------------------------------------

In my case I would use it attached to the left side of the keyboard using extended desktop from the main PC whose monitor would be in front of me, behind the keyboard, at the center of my view, while I could drag some window to the iPad to be able to use the touch screen, which in case of Mac/iPad would be using previously called Sidecar feature and Apple Pencil (required to be able to use touch screen on the real window dragged from MacOS).

I would drag either a window from any and every DAW, or from any and every instrument or effect, expanding my possibilities and ability to handle complex and mixed environments.

I would still use the MIDI capabilities of the keyboard, but my first experience with new instruments or effects would always be through the touchable interface.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines