April 16, 2024, 09:04:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control mode encoder assignment/midi channel  (Read 919 times)

alke

• Apprentice
Control mode encoder assignment/midi channel
« on: April 14, 2020, 12:34:24 pm »
Hi,

In changing the user channel in BSP's control mode, is it possible to somehow map different channels to different CC messages?
What I'm trying to accomplish is having a project running and being able to swap the user channel during a song to different channels to control different parameters in different outboard gear.
So for example, if I have the global sequencer channels mapped to MIDI Channel #1 (SEQ1), CH#2 (SEQ2) and CH#10 (DRUM), I could then, during a single project, assign control mode user channels to 3, 4 or 5 in turn to have the encoders control parameters of synths not controlled from the sequencer channels, if that makes sense.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Control mode encoder assignment/midi channel
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 11:04:23 am »
No, that is not possible, but you can very quickly change channels by selecting which track you want to change (or control mode) then pressing and holding the chan button.  It's not instant, but pretty quick.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines