March 28, 2024, 10:36:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Resonance starts to sound odd after running for a few hours  (Read 2939 times)

fretnoize

• Apprentice
Resonance starts to sound odd after running for a few hours
« on: March 25, 2020, 06:03:39 am »
I'm using Reaper 5.984
Windows 10
VST3i
48,000hz
24 bit
256 sample buffer

After having reaper open for some hours, the resonance seems to get this glitchy tone squeakiness to it (other than the regular pitch emphasis that resonance will add, this is a like a distorted static tone that isn't effected by cutoff freq). The tone will go away as I reduce resonance, and sometimes if i bring the resonance down (maybe even quickly with the mouse) the whole synth will go into this crazy distorted mode... (it's actually kind of cool, but not the intended result nor does it render in that distorted way either, I believe rendering will sound normal).

Not critical, because I can just restart... but a bit of a pain for those heavy projects that take a while to load.

LBH

Re: Resonance starts to sound odd after running for a few hours
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 01:53:27 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Can you provide some steps to reproduce your issue?

Is it on all sounds or only one?

I can also sometimes exsperience something like loose connections and such on hardware. I think mostly with some more complex sounds. I'm not sure, why it happens. I can't say it's resonance related. It can just as well be something else like some high output levels somewhere that overload something.

About rendering, then i think you need to have the glitch during a rendering to hear it, and i'm not sure you will hear it even if you have it during rendering.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:01:40 pm by LBH »

fretnoize

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:15:15 am »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, I've been pretty busy, so I apologize for my slow response.
I saved out a patch where I was seeing this happen... (usually I'm pretty bad and never save patches, just let the DAW project remember the settings)

Anyway, the steps to reproduce this are pretty simple, I basically have the project open in my DAW (reaper) for a long time... for example I left my PC on overnight (backups run at night) and left Reaper running with the project up... this morning it was making that noise again... Some additional info I just learned while saving out the patch, when I change patches, it seems to reset and things sound okay...

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 01:01:13 pm »
Hi,

Your welcome.

Some additional info I just learned while saving out the patch, when I change patches, it seems to reset and things sound okay...
That's the way to go for you then.
I can't tell why you have to save the preset. Your posted preset is a simple bass, and i see no reason for the issue in that, what ARP 2600 is concerned.

You can allways contact Arturia support, if you need it.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines