March 28, 2024, 12:22:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AnalogLab 4 in Ableton with keylab essential  (Read 1343 times)

Gordon Sime

• Apprentice
AnalogLab 4 in Ableton with keylab essential
« on: March 23, 2020, 07:14:54 pm »
I'm having a few issues with analoglab 4 in Ableton 10 lite, specifically in session mode within clips. As there is a sale on Vlab I wanted to see how much these issues come up before splashing out on upgrading.

Issue 1: Some rotary changes I make on the keyboard only move the dial a certain amount. It is still communicating but sometimes won't go all the way down. It seems to stop at random points. Moving the knob on screen with the mouse has no issues.

Issue 2: Sometimes changes made to clips using the rotary knobs or faders will revert when the clip begins the loop. I can get around this by reprogramming the fader/knob to the one next to it.

Are these usual or something that can be fixed?
Windows 10 Ableton Live 10 Lite

LBH

Re: AnalogLab 4 in Ableton with keylab essential
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:16:04 pm »
Issue 1: Some rotary changes I make on the keyboard only move the dial a certain amount.
Please give a factory preset as an example. Is it Pigments presets?
Have you set some limits somewhere on your controller or in your DAW?

I can get around this by reprogramming the fader/knob to the one next to it.
What do you mean by this?
Where do you program what and how?

Gordon Sime

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 05:17:53 pm »
I'm going to struggle to explain this !

Currently I am on just the opening preset 3osc. The cut off stops at about 10 O'clock as I wind down that button. If i reduce it with the mouse it goes all the way down. If I then slighlty adjust the knob on the keylab the cut off returns to where the keylab thinks it was at 10 O'clock.

It is also doing it on Osc1 at 10 O'clock and chorus at about 8 o'clock.

If I swap the cut off and resonance rotaries Pan 1 (which is controlling resonance now) initially stopped at 10 O'clock but then jumped to minimum.  This happens in most presets and is random in nature.

Setting the keylab into DAW mode the rotaries are smooth as butter when changing the pan of the tracks in ableton

Strangely I have noticed that if I move the rotary quickly it can jump past the point where it gets stuck and will continue to stop at that point until eventually it gets to the minimum. It then seems happy to go all the way around its 270 degrees. But if I go to a different preset then back the problem reappears.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 06:37:50 pm »
FYI: I don't have a Arturia controller yet, and i don't use a controller with ableton live.

Have you read the manual for the controller and looked in the Midi Control Center?
Have you read about Acceleration for the Encoders?
Have you read about Encoder Options? Are your Encoders set to "Absolute" in the Options?

I assume you have set up your controller correct in Ableton Live.

Gordon Sime

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:55:44 pm »
I have turned off the acceleration and there is no rotary knob issue !

:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines