March 28, 2024, 06:17:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: some basic advice for me?  (Read 2374 times)

almm

some basic advice for me?
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:35:25 am »
hello dearest drumbrute users, yesterday I got a drumbute impact, but i have a few questions that i would like advice on:
1) how many songs/ patterns can i save? is it 16 songs of 16 patterns? (so 16x16?)
2) do you have any tips on how best to learn how to use it properly?
3) am i correct in thinking there is no way to change the default sounds on it? I am trying to make the cymbal sound more like a crash symbal, is there any way i can do this? even through the line out using fm drum or hi-hat through an effect pedal?

any advice is greatly appreciated :)

also i feel

masi

Re: some basic advice for me?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:28:08 pm »
Well, you can change the sounds with the knobs on the instrument (plus "color", accents and distortion). But as you say, you can send the outputs to effects.

I'm not sure if changig the sound of the cymbal is worth the hassle. I mean, how many effects do need to change it into a crash sound?

I thought about going the effects route and found out that using guitar/bass stomp boxes will get rather expensive when done on every output. Not to mention the need of a dedciated mixer (for live gigs) or a multi-in audio interface (for recording jams).

Maybe it's cheaper to get a used analog for extra sound. Or you buy a cheap sampler and live with some digital bits in your sound.

Masi

Peterxyz

• Apprentice
Re: some basic advice for me?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:23:12 pm »
I have a drum brute impact and a korg volca sample. I much prefer the drumbrute. But if you want to add a few things like realistic crash sounds and recorded one shot samples then you can link the volca sample up to the drumbrute and use both together very easily. The volca has only 1 min of sample memory, but that a lot of drum sounds. The volca has great sound shaping but it's less fun to play and the sequence isn't as good. Thats my amature opinion for what is worth.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines