March 29, 2024, 01:35:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Gate knob turn leads MatrixBrute to a complete freeze (Firmware 2.0)  (Read 2263 times)

Nicko Sparks

• Apprentice
Hello!

After the update to 2.0 I noticed this issue when you turn a Gate knob and MatrixBrute become completely unresponsible until I restart the synth. Did anyone else face this issue? Is there any known workaround?

Thanks in advance!

SingleCell

• Apprentice
Re: Gate knob turn leads MatrixBrute to a complete freeze (Firmware 2.0)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 09:16:05 pm »
I probably don't use the gate knob that often, but I have used it in the last few days and just tried it again on the patch I am working with.  I'm not getting any problems with it.  I am also on 2.0.

Perhaps some other condition is required to reproduce the issue, I don't know.  Have you tried it on different patches?  Does it happen every single time you turn that knob?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 09:41:08 pm »
Just to be sure that the Firmware is in a good state, I'd check out the various modules as described here. As a last solution I'd reinstall the complete Firmware from the MIDI Control Center.

turbo_kev

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 10:30:20 pm »
Hi
make sure if your connected to your daw   that you haven't got a midi feed back problem
cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Nicko Sparks

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 08:37:41 am »
Thanks everyone for the answers! Looks like it's a floating issue that depends on a preset although I'm still not sure which parameter causes such a conflict.

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 12:34:54 pm »
Do you feel confident, that it is not a MIDI Loop issue? I will do some searching later as well.

aljen

• Apprentice
Looks like it's a floating issue that depends on a preset although I'm still not sure which parameter causes such a conflict.

Nicko, I am not sure about your floating issue hypothese. My MB freezes in this case no matter which preset is loaded. Even the factory presets are affected. What's more, the currently loaded preset does not even need to have a sequencer preset.

In the meantime, I happened to address the problem as a MIDI (loop?) issue. (Thanks to Lunatic Sound from the vital hint.) My MB is hooked in a bunch of older and newer synths over the emagic AMT8 fossil. I gave it a try and took the MIDI IN plug out of Matrixbrute. Lo and behold: no GATE freeze issue anymore.

As a bonus, some other responding mysteries are gone, too. For instance, I kept experiencing trouble switching over the <Preset | Seq | Mode> trio. The buttons ware in a way badly responding, so I had to press a button at least twice to switch. I was already assuming a hardware failure. Obviously, this issue was related to the MIDI, too.

So I end up without MIDI IN on Matrixbrute. Since I hardly use IDI IN on MB anyway, this is not a loss. Nor is it worth starting some time-consuming MIDI Loop Chasing.  8)

Hope it helps.

P.S.: My MB is also on 2.0. MIDI out from MB works without any hassle.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:28:16 am by aljen »

Lunatic Sound

Great! We've all been there at some point.

aljen

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 08:49:01 am »
…what's even better, Arturia did fix this in the following firmware update. Great!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines