March 28, 2024, 11:50:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Velocity curve on Keylab Essential?  (Read 6601 times)

Glu3

Velocity curve on Keylab Essential?
« on: March 19, 2020, 10:44:59 pm »
I intend to buy NI A61 and realize that it does not have velocity curve so I am looking at the Keylab Essential. Does it has selectable velocity curve?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Velocity curve on Keylab Essential?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 10:18:21 am »
Quickest way for you to have got an answer to that question was read the downloadable manual:http://downloads.arturia.com/products/keylab-essential-49/manual/keylab-essential_Manual_1_0_0_EN.pdf
TL;DR? There are three selectable velocity curves plus full-on.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Glu3

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 05:29:56 pm »
Thanks alot !

DrMickeyLauer

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 09:26:19 pm »
The available curves are lacking a bit. While linear is quite soft, exp tends to get loud too soon (ya, I know, it‘s exponential). Would something in the middle be possible? Like, e.g., simply a steeper linear curve?

88keyz

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 03:50:25 am »
Between the few options, the linear curve seems best, followed by the log.  Exp seems way too soft, and I really have to hammer the keys to get max sound.  Another question:  in the config software, I change the curve and hear the difference, but when I go  back into the software, it's always on linear (even though linear obviously isn't the current setting).  Is this normal?

hosekeyz

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 03:51:13 pm »
the velocity response of the keyboard is nice, not bad, especially that, it can be configured in the midi control centre. I personally love the "Log" preset-velocity response, but i say i w'd really appreciate if Arturia, constructed a editable velocity response preset, because providing the already configured key velocity preset ain't that enough on the basis of a limited option to explore in order to fit your desires, with already configured preset
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:42:10 pm by hosekeyz »

codevyper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 10:10:19 pm »
I just received my KLE88 this week. I find the velo curve our of the box to be a bit on the soft side when I compare it to other boards, and I usually play a Kronos 88 with the weighted keys so it's not like I have a light touch. That said, these are midi controllers, so it's trivial to throw a velo curve filter in front of your inbound midi in your DAW or AU/VST host to get the feel where you want it. Actually, you can tailor the velo to the patch you're using in this way for even more control. I found I had to curve up my velo a bit and compress the velo levels on the bottom and top ends to get it to play like I wanted, but once I did, it feels great IMO for a non-weighted board. The keys don't slap down onto the stopper like other inexpensive controllers I've owned in the past.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines