March 29, 2024, 05:32:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Product license transfers  (Read 2295 times)

SF1

• Apprentice
Product license transfers
« on: March 15, 2020, 11:10:22 pm »
Hello, can anyone tell me how software that comes with and arturia controller can get transferred to me, if the person that I'm obtaining it from only has the serial number and the activation code for the hardware itself ?. They can't seem to find the pamphlets the controller came with, thanks

LBH

Re: Product license transfers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 11:24:01 pm »
Perhaps Arturia support can help, if the hardware is registred. It has to be done, so the seller can't get Analog Lab for free. I guess seller shall contact Arturia.
I'm not a fan of second hand controllers. It's often sold because they have been damaged somehow. Be sure everything works.

SF1

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 12:20:37 am »
I will and I'll have him contact arturia if there's any problems, thanks

SF1

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 12:36:48 am »
Perhaps Arturia support can help, if the hardware is registred. It has to be done, so the seller can't get Analog Lab for free. I guess seller shall contact Arturia.
I'm not a fan of second hand controllers. It's often sold because they have been damaged somehow. Be sure everything works.
well actually the serial number and the activation code is there for the controller itself but does that mean it's one for all of the software too, or a serial number and activation code for each software thanks

LBH

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 08:58:43 pm »
I assume the Analog Lab you talk about is the one that come with the Controller.
It's not the same code, but the hardware give you access to Analog Lab.
But i don't know if seller have ever used the codes. If so, then seller should have the code, but you say it's lost, and that's what's puzzles me.
All codes shall be tranfered to you somehow. If seller does'nt unregistrer both, then you will not get the rights as you can't use the same code or get a new code for Analog Lab, as seller then will have the siftware for free. ALso you might need to registrer the controller to get any support at all. It can't be registred on 2 accounts. The controller could even be stolen if so.
That's how i believe it is.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:07:17 pm by LBH »

SF1

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 10:43:38 pm »
Thank you so much for clarifying that for me and giving me a clear breakdown of all possible scenarios, your advice is greatly appreciated.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 11:10:26 am »
Not sure if this helps any, but a couple of years ago I bought a used KeyLab 25 for my son. The original purchaser had not registered the software but he had lost the original manuals and paperwork so I couldn't download Analog Lab. I reached out Arturia, who were extremely helpful. They asked me to photograph the serial number on the KL25 and in the photo include some irrefutable proof of ownership. So I stuck a post-it note with my email address written on it under the serial number sticker and photographed the two. Upon the receipt of the email, Arturia sent me all the codes I needed to d/l Analog Lab for my son. Superb service tbh.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

SF1

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 12:53:56 am »
Yes, that information will definitely help if there's a problem when I receive it, glad everything eventually worked out with the controller for you guys, thank you

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines