April 20, 2024, 02:12:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Zero velocity CV offset?  (Read 735 times)

LarsDaniel

• Apprentice
Zero velocity CV offset?
« on: March 15, 2020, 12:24:27 am »
I have the problem, that at lowest velocity (OO1) the voltage that is output is somewhere between 0 and 1 volts. I need it to be as close to zero as possible. I have lowered the cv scaling in MCC, but the lowest cv is still too high for me. Is there a way to get the minimum velocity value to output 0 or closer to zero volt?
I know there are four trimpots inside, that are related to cv, but without knowing their specific purposes, I donīt want to fiddle with them. (And Diagnosis in MCC is inaccessible without a password...).

Any help is highly appreciated.

starglider

• Apprentice
Re: Zero velocity CV offset?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 11:39:18 am »
That's awesome I had no idea there were trim pots inside! That could be very useful...

So I've just been battling the pro's voltage outputs. 12v gates are too much for my gear, I'm using attenuators as a solution. You can make a passive one really easily, I ended up making a unit with several attenuators and buffers, because google searches got the better of me.

But yeah I wonder if you could just attenuate the signal a few dB if you can tolerate the loss? Or do you need the full voltage output?

The other solution might be some sort of gate with a low threshold....

Be cool to know if you figure something out!

starglider

• Apprentice
Re: Zero velocity CV offset?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 02:02:07 am »
And then I was thinking last night... If you want to be crude, you're only a diode drop away from 0v! So you could potentially just solder a diode into a jack cable and see if that helps. it wouldn't cost much to try.

I think in hindsight an attenuator is unsuitable because the amount of attenuation to bring 1v down to 0v would attenuate signal more dramatically at higher voltage levels.... Sorry silly idea, first post haha.

All the best

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines