June 20, 2021, 03:12:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Velocity Curve Problem  (Read 3611 times)

alexyerks

Re: Velocity Curve Problem
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 07:16:27 pm »
Hello lovely citizens of Arturia.

I too am having trouble with the pads. I really have to mash on them to get a consistent drumming sound, and often it seems like I'm missing the drums. But it's because I'm not hitting them very hard. After a couple of minutes I'm really feeling it in my finger tips. I haven't had this issue on other midi controllers.

I hope they can fix this with a firmware update soon otherwise I may end up returning it which stinks because I love the keylab mkii otherwise.

Thanks for posting about this issue, maybe if enough of us chime in they'll notice it.

Frake

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 02:27:13 pm »
I confirm having the same problem from day 1. It doesn't seem to be that critical with Piano V app (gets to 30-40 velocity with normal effort), but in ableton I only see <20 velocity. Which is for sure not a usable output   :(

Is there any update on resolving the issue?

cubiqmusic

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 07:24:20 pm »
Hello guys and girls,

I thought I was alone in this world having this velocity problem. I've spent two months pulling my hair and trying to figure out why is this happening.
I cannot believe an 800 keyboard lacks the basic and elemental thing of proper velocity.

In this link you can find a comparison between my KeyLab 88 MKII and a Casio Privia. I would appreciate your answer whether this is happening to you too.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/32x4az2jcclouyk/AAC3LvNYNhG1CKI98VraWBgfa?dl=0

I sent my keyboard to Arturia, France, so they could fix the velocity issue, and apparently, this awful and useless velocity response is "normal behaviour". On a 800 Keyboard?? Seriously?
I've done lots of tests and PADS work fine on my Keyboard(regarding velocity sensitivity, they can reproduce all 127 values), but the Fatar Keybed is completely useless if you want to play decently.

If anyone has landed in this forum thinking about buying a KeyLab, forget about it, honestly.

Koinden

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2021, 11:43:48 am »
Hi,

I just wanted to make a post as I've had a similar issue where I really have to hit way harder on the keys than I'd like to hit maximum velocity.

Arturia support have said that they are working on improving the options for velocity but with no timeframe given.

I've managed to adjust this myself so wanted to share my findings in case it helps anyone else who may stuble across this page.

1. Download and install 'LoopBe1 Monitor' and 'MIDI Velocity Curve Changer by Trobettworks'
2. Make sure your DAW or anything else that might use the keyboard is closed
3. Start LoopBe1 Monitor
4. Start the Velocity program, configure the curve as you like and set the inputs and outputs (see attached screenshot)
5. Now start your DAW (has to be started after you've started the above programs)
6. This step may be different depening on your DAW, I use Ableton (V10) and custom scripting for Ableton device control when in USER mode.I've attached a screenshot of my settings, note that the 'KeyLab mkII' is the usual control surface and 'Keylab Mkii' is my custom user script. I know one of the inputs is in red but with it setup like this everything is working great, ANALOG LAB mode works and I'm able to browse instruments as normal, DAW mode works and I'm able to do anything DAW related and USER mode works great for Ableton Device Control. All pads etc work as intended.

I'm very new to all this but I hope this may help someone who's in the same situation.

Edit - I could probably mess with the DAW settings to get rid of that red input but it's all working so I'm leaving it as it is.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 11:49:41 am by Koinden »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines