April 26, 2024, 10:07:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab MKII and Pro Tools panning  (Read 577 times)

avr90

• Apprentice
KeyLab MKII and Pro Tools panning
« on: June 19, 2022, 02:26:21 pm »
Hello!
I'm using Pro Tools Daw settings for KeyLab MKII (in PT 12 HD). My question is about panning. PT provides 2 encoders for a stereo channel pan, so, to control stereo panning you should use both encoders (left and right channel). Of Course all keyboards of all brands have only one encoder per channel that is why in PT you can panning only a mono track properly.
I want to ask, is it possible to make an improvement for the next update to allow proper panning on stereo tracks in PT? I have two examples of how it can be done, regarding that in PT Daw mode of MKII the master fader, multi-button and the encoder above (chorus) do nothing:
1. Let the Chorus encoder to control the second (right) pan channel of a selected track (in the Daw mode). So, changing the track will allow panning left and right pan channels for this particular track - with two encoders.
2. Make the combo: Multi button (hold)+encoder of the track where you want to adjust the second (right channel) pan.
Both the variants have their own benefits but personally I prefer the second one, it would allow panning different tracks on the fly, without actually selecting them. The same way as it can be done with mono tracks.
This improvement will also make recording pan automation more easy. Perhaps, if both variants can be done and shared with an update, it may be useful to allow both variants to function the same time: "Chorus" encoder controls a right pan channel of the selected track by default+you can control a right pan channel of any track by holding Multi button and rotating one of the 8 pan encoders of MKII.  :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 02:30:58 pm by avr90 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines